38: Lie

Both Ni-Ki and Sunoo had mastered the art of pretending the other wasn't in the room. They both focused on their own routines and didn't even glance at the other.

Well, that was a lie.

They were both very much aware of the other's presence and curiosity always struck them leading to taking glances. When Sunoo sang, Riki would get immersed and distracted by his singing that many times he would just pretend to dance. When the younger was dancing, there were times that the older stared. Not in a creepy way, in a longing and adoring stare that Ni-Ki didn't even bother to register.

Yet, on the outside, they pretended that they were okay and that what happened didn't bother them anymore.

"Heeseung-Hyung is calling for the meeting," Intak says after opening the door to the practice room, shooting the three a small smile. "We'll be in his office," he finishes off before stepping out.

The youngest was the first to step forward and out followed by the second youngest who shot a glance at the third person before walking out as well. Lastly, with a frustrated sigh, the other trailed behind.

When they arrive at the said room, they bow down to Heeseung who wore his usual dazzling smile, and everyone else in the room before taking a seat.

"Since everyone is here, we'll begin," the redhead starts professionally. "I've been going to the practice rooms and noticing your guys' improvement. As for the group performance, you guys are doing good all I ask is for more focus from Sunoo and Ni-Ki. I don't mind your relations or the issues you may have but when you are performing, you should forget about everything else and completely immerse yourself to transmit to the audience," he explains seriously, looking between the two who glanced at each other before nodding at the oldest in understanding.

Riki looks down at his lap where both of his hands rested, his eyes then moving to his wrist. The bracelet that he had gotten from the silver head was still present there and he found himself fiddling with it. He still felt a lot of different emotions when he thought about the kiss starting from bliss all the way to sadness. Recalling the glint of regret in Sunoo's eye when they separated it... hurt, he would say in the simplest form.

He looks back up when he shook the thoughts out, paying full attention to the director of the studio."-two people per room. Dayeon and Youngeun will automatically share a room as the only girls. Jay and Sunghoon will share as well since they are a duo," he explains, "The rest of you can choose your own partners."

Intak and Jongseob immediately looked at each other and informed Heeseung that they would like to room. Meanwhile, Sunghoon and Jay shot Riki an apologetic expression which to him only smiling and shaking his head reassuringly.

"Hyung! I'll share a room with you!" Jungwon exclaims, getting everyone's attention.

"Won, I thought we would room together?" Sunoo questions looking at him in confusion, his eyebrows furrowed, and slight panic in his voice.

"I think it's more beneficial if I'm in the same room as Heeseung-Hyung," he says innocently, keeping his eyes on the oldest who just smiles in return.

"Alright, then Jungwon is with me which leaves Sunoo and Ni-Ki together," he explains, noting it down in his notebook.

"What?!" Riki shouts abruptly, widening his eyes, his mouth agape. He looks at his two friends for help but they were simply looking away in different directions. "Hyung, can I room with you instead? I still need help with my choreography, I'm still lacking," he says, looking at the male pleadingly.

Heeseung smiles, "You're doing great Riki! And I think that it's best for Jungwon to be with me. He has double the pressure and it's a category we're entering for the first time, it's for the best. We're only staying in the hotel for three nights, please bear with it?"

The younger slumps on the chair, looks down, and nods in defeat after a few seconds.

The meeting continued with Heeseung explaining all the procedures that they will have to take, the time they will be meeting up tomorrow morning, the necessities that they will have to bring, the importance of their discipline, and the order that the competition will go in, etc.

When they were dismissed, the Japanese boy was the first one to get out of his chair and stomp his way out of the room without looking back. It was already hard enough to not think about the boy he likes and the moment they had. Sleeping in the same room? It would be torture.

"Ni-Ki!" He hears a boy call out and he sighs, stopping his steps. He couldn't just run away.

"What is it Hyung?" The younger mumbles, keeping his head down.

"Are you okay?" The older asks nervously though he knew the answer to the stupid, overrated, overused, question.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine Sunghoon-Hyung," he answers with a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

Everyone around them knew that Riki wasn't okay. They knew that there was something bothering him. Yet, he didn't tell a single soul. (Besides Taki--who is in Japan.)

Sunghoon sighs, taking a step forward, "Jay and I are worried about you but every time we ask you what's wrong you manage to escape and avoid the question. We know that you're lying and that you are not okay."

"You know that I'm not okay and you know it has something to do with Kim Sunoo," he adds, giving him a slight glare, "Yet you don't make an effort to keep me away from him. Thanks for being great friends," he says sarcastically.

"Can you please tell us what's wrong?" The other pleads with a frown.

"That bastard..." he huffs. "He kissed me and then had a look of regret. My first kiss ended up with the other person regretting it!" He exclaims, red in anger and embarrassment.

The older looks around, making sure that there was nobody around, and when he reassures that the corridor was empty, he takes a step forward, softening his gaze. "Riki... I'm sure it wasn't that. You know that both Jay and I don't love the idea of you liking him and this is proving our point," he says, gesturing at him. "But how will you know how he feels if you don't even talk things out? How can you ever be in a relationship together if communication is already missing?" He sighs, rubbing his eyebrows in frustration. "You guys need to talk."

"It was regret, I saw it."

"And how do you know that? Can you read his mind or something similar?" He takes a breath. "I don't like seeing you like this, bub."

The younger's mouth opened and closed as he thought of what to say, but in the end, nothing came out.

"Talk. Just talk to him first."

A/N: I just thought publishing a chapter will be the best way to celebrate my birthday 🥳

Happy birthday to myself and all April 6 born beautiful people!!

I wish you all a good day or night and I hope that you enjoyed!!