27: Practice and Wound

Riki suddenly looks at the stairs, "Sunoo-Hyung," he mumbles as his gaze sets on the boy that was wearing his usual bored expression.

"Yes, I am aware that I'm Kim Sunoo," he mutters sarcastically as he walks closer.

"W- why did you call for me?" He stutters out nervously under the other's strict gaze as he makes eye contact with him.

He scoffs, "Why do you think I asked you to come to my practice room?" He questions, crossing his arms over his chest. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say in fear that he would be wrong and humiliated. "I thought we had agreed on you teaching me dance and I teaching you singing?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.

The memories from a couple of days ago flooded into Riki's mind. He opened his mouth slightly as if saying 'ah' in realization as he looks down at the floor. He looks back up and gives the older a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I can get a little clumsy and forgetful," he states shyly, rubbing his nape.

"Whatever," the silver head responded, his eyes elsewhere. He clears his throat as he turns back, "Let's just get started." He was about to walk away when a grip on his wrist restricted him to do so. He looks from the hand up to its owner, looking at him with a questioning expression.

"I was just wondering if you were going to want to practice this early every day," he says, deep inside manifesting that would be a no.

"Only on weekends. As long as I don't improve, I will need to spend more time practicing. At the studio, you can come to my room instead of doing it elsewhere," he explains.

Riki internally groans at that while externally, he nods with an understanding and calm expression. He lets go of the older's wrist which instantly makes him walk away and to the small Bluetooth speaker.

As he(Sunoo) sets it up—unknowingly to the other—he bites down his lip, trying to drown every emotion he was feeling deep down. The beating of his heart itself became extremely irritating at the moment, for a couple of days now actually. But it wasn't his fault. It was Riki's. It only happens when he's around, at certain moments and he has no idea why those things affect him but he decides not to think about them. He doesn't care about them and when he doesn't care then there is no need to know or to think more.

"Are you ready?" He asks as he turns his head to the younger who was already stretching. The other nods as he sits on the floor.

Sunoo plays some music, sitting down next to the other and stretching one leg forward to do a head-to-knee stretch. They finished the song that was playing before Ni-Ki asks the older to dance a routine he is familiar with to have a general view of his dance skills. Sunoo doesn't retort but simply grabs his phone from one of the tables in the room in order to play a song which turns out to be 'Growl' by EXO.

All thoughts suddenly left them both as one focused on dancing and the other used keen eyes to find ways to improve the other's dancing.

Just like that, 2 hours passed by before they decided that they should go upstairs and have some breakfast. Riki was shugging some water when they arrived. Sunoo bowed to his mom who returned it with a sweet smile as she was finishing up cooking breakfast before sitting down at the kitchen island. The younger raised an eyebrow at that--he had never seen Sunoo in the kitchen--before just shrugging it off and going over to his mother by the stove, giving her a peck on her cheek.

"You're sweaty, Riki," she says with a playful disgusted face, slightly pushing him away making him chuckle.

"You love me either way," he retorted, sticking his tongue out at her mockingly which she just laughed at. 

"What were you doing with the young master?" She questions much quieter, glancing back at the boy who was sitting patiently, scrolling through his phone. Riki glances too before looking at his mom with a sheepish smile.

"I'm helping him improve his dance skills and he's helping me with my vocal skills, that's all," he responds.

Mrs. Nishimura's eyes lighten up, "I'm happy about that, honey. You could have a friend close by while also improving to make your dreams come true. We're doing amazing here!" 

"I guess so..." He trails off, a part of her statement bothering him though he wasn't able to put his finger on what since there seemed nothing wrong with it. Maybe it was the fact that Sunoo would never look at him as a friend, maybe just a mere acquaintance if he was lucky enough. 

A moment later, his mother hands him his plate of food however he was too zoned out to take a proper grip on it, making it slip off his hand. He gasped and jumped back, startled. 

"Gosh, honey, you're so clumsy," his mother states with a sigh, a slight frown on her face as she eyes the mess. She looks up at his face, playing a small smile on her face, "I'll go get the cleaning supplies, be careful, okay?" Ni-Ki nods hesitantly, his head down in shame.

When she was out of the scene he sighs in disappointment before crouching down.

"You should leave that," a voice above him says. He looks up to see the boy that has been filling his thoughts, a monotonous expression on his face, as usual, his hands in his pockets.

The younger shakes his head before moving it back down, picking up the bigger chunks of glass. A sigh was heard from above before there was a figure in front of him, a hand picking up pieces from the opposite side of where his hands were situated. 

He was now focused rather on the boy in front and his actions that when he picked a piece off, it slipped off his hand, leaving a cut there. It was pretty small but still visible, some blood coming out.

"I told you to leave it!" The older exclaimed, startling the other. He had never heard him scream and if he had it was because of anger and that scream seemed rather out of worry or concern and it warmed his heart to think of it that way.

"Gosh, this has nothing to do with you. Y- you startled me," was the only thing he could say in the midst of his flusteredness.

"You're in my house so I have every right to worry," he retorts with a scowl as he looks around the kitchen cabinets. When he finally finds what he was looking for, he crouches back down, taking the other's injured hand quite harshly. "Gosh, you're such a klutz," he mumbles as he puts some ointment to the wound, both of their heart going at an abnormal speed.