14: June 24: Sun

Soon enough, they were both brought back from their thoughts as applause erupted from everyone in the room. Everyone looked at Mr. Kim who was on stage with some sort of admiration all except Ni-Ki. He was observing the older boy who easily slipped down from the stage, quickly walking out of the room.

'He probably needs comfort', the younger had concluded while looking around the room, searching for Yang Jungwon but to no avail. He bit his lip lightly, his eyebrows coming together for a second before thinking 'screw it' and running off in the same direction.

He looked left and right, thinking of which path he should take but when he heard a door being slammed from his left side he didn't hesitate to jog towards that direction. There was a glass door there, the grey curtains drawn together, covering it. He steps closer to the door, slightly getting it out of the way to see the boy he was looking for. The boy had a grip on the railings, both of his hands on it, and his head was turned up, looking as if he was deep in thought as he looked at the black sky.

Riki wondered for a second whether this was the right thing to do but it was already too late when he was debating, his hand was already on the doorknob, twisting it over slowly to not make too much noise. He walks three steps before stopping, pursuing his lips together, staring intently at the boy. He stayed still for a couple of seconds and just when he had made his mind up of just turning back, the black-haired boy spoke.

"You've been staring at me for so long, it's getting creepy," the boy says monotonously, his back still turned on the other as his hands stayed on the railings, his eyes looking right ahead at all the illuminated buildings.

Ni-Ki, startled by the sudden noise, jumped a little, his face and ears becoming red from embarrassment as he turned his head down to look at the floor. "I- I'm sorry for intruding," he mumbles.

"Speak up," the older says, finally turning to look at the blond. "Why did you follow me here?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, taking a step closer to the other male, leaving about three steps of space between them.

"I- don't know," he shrugs, his eyes still gazing at the marbled floor. "Just thought that it was right. You didn't look exactly comfortable in there."

"Well, it's not exactly comfortable having a bunch of thirty to fifty year olds comgratulating me on a party I didn't even want to have," he explains with a cold tone. "And that bastard bringing me up on stage just to explain things of the business. Not exactly how I wished I had to spend my eighteenth birthday," he scoffs frustratedly, turning back to lean on the rails.

"Is it that bad?" Riki questions curiously, taking nervous steps towards the fence, settling next to the older.

"Nobody here is my age, just a bunch of gold-digging, pushover, old hags that have to kiss my father's ass just to get benefits in their business. This is just another business meeting for my dad. All those gifts there are not things that they asked their assistants to meaninglessly buy. None of my relatives are here and even Jungwon had to leave just within an hour because he had to attend a business dinner with his parents," the boy turns to look at the other making them have eye contact. "Our life is not as great as you and everyone else thinks, the wealth that our parents have has a lot of negativities."

Riki stayed silent, what was there to say anyway? It seemed as if everything that the older wanted to say had been spoken and it made the blond feel... accomplished, that he was there for him even if they didn't start at the right foot.

"What's that?" Sunoo asks after his eyes had traveled down to the inside of the boy's blazer. At the question, the younger looks down, widening his eyes before gripping onto that side, pressing it onto his stomach.

"Nothing!" He squeaks out nervously, his cheeks red.

The older simply raises an eyebrow, "Give it to me," he orders, extending his right hand out towards him.

"H- How do you know it's for you?" The younger asks.

"You wouldn't get this nervous if it wasn't. Just hand it over."

He sighs, "I just wanted to be a decent person and got you something," he starts, slowly taking the box out of his pocket. "You gave me my necklace back after all and I'm grateful for that, I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't," he explains, slowly reaching the box out which the boy impatiently snatches from his hands. "It's stupid and cheap and ugly. I- I'll just take it back," he says nervously, stretching his hand out to take the box back which the black-haired had already opened and was currently examining it with his eyes, not blinking until his hand almost reached over and he moved it.

"I like it," he says emotionlessly.

"W- What?" The other questions, utterly shocked.

"I like it so you can't have it back. It's mine."

Riki, stunned to say anything, simply nods his head slowly as he turns to look forward instead of looking at the male's side profile.

"Is this a sun?" He asks, breaking the momentary silence as he still intently examines the object on the box.

"Yes, a sun pendant."

"Why?"

"W- what do you mean?"

"Why did you get a sun pendant when there are plenty of others."

"I don't know... it just reminded me of you." He paused for a second, thinking of what to say. "We can't directly look at the sun or it stings our eyes. We can look at it from the sides but never in front. It's too bright and hot for us to know a lot about it," he turns to look at the older just to see him reciprocating, "Just reminded me of you. I know that I haven't been able to look at you directly, I've only seen you from a distance."