47: Sit, Sunoo

PART 1

A knock came from a door. Sunoo, however, remained unfazed and didn't remove his eyes from the mirror in front of him as he continues to fix his tie. "Come in," he calls out, just loud enough for the person behind the door to hear.

"Young master?" A familiar voice came. 

"In the restroom," he replies monotonously, continuing his action. The sound of footsteps followed until the person, Jake, was in front of the door which was wide open. "What is it, Hyung?" He asks, finally diverting his attention to the other. He furrows his eyebrows upon seeing the worried look on the older's face. "What's wrong?"

"Mr. Kim is calling for you to come to his study," he finally answers. 

"What for," the younger male asks, his monotonous facade slowly faltering.

"He- he didn't say," the Australian pauses. "But I saw something in his hands and if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, it was a picture of you and Ni-Ki together." His eyes were filled with fear and concern.

Sunoo instantly tensed. 

Right away, he brushed past the older, basically running down the stairs and to his dad's study only stopping until he was in front of the closed door. He takes some deep breaths as his heart continued to speed up by the second. He didn't know whether it was the running or the nerves that were causing it. But he had a guess. 

Hesitantly, he brings his hand up and knocka on the door, putting his hand on the doorknob. When there was a faint 'come in' from the inside, he readies himself and turns it.

"You wanted to speak to me?" He asks dully and internally he thanked himself for being able to keep his composture. 

"Sit, Sunoo," his father says calmly yet coldly, not even sparing the boy a glance as he looks at what was in his hands. Paperwork, Sunoo assumed.

Robotically, the eighteen-year-old did just as told, taking the seat in front of his dad's desk. "I have school in a while," he spoke confidentially. 

"Oh, this won't take long. I just need to inform you of something," that only made Sunoo feel more on edge, subtly making him gulp down saliva. 

"What is it?" He clears his throat, desperately not wanting to show his concern and anticipation. 

"Nothing important," the man looks up with a malicious glint making the younger Kim basically shiver under his gaze. "Just that the Nishimuras will be moving back to Japan is all," he looked back down at his work. "You're dismissed now."

Sunoo was stunned. Utterly stunned. He opened his mouth agape and his heart's pace just got quicker than it was before. Desperately, he got out of his chair and rushed to the door. "Oh and son," the male left behind calls out but Sunoo kept his hand on the knob, glaring at it. "I hope you know better from now on," the man said coldly. The young male took a deep breath and opened the door, quickly stepping out and running straight to the service area.

"S- Sunoo," Jake called out with wide eyes as the other shoved by him. He was quick to run behind him. "What's happening?" He exclaims as he runs, stopping when the other does in front of the door to the kitchen. 

"Ri- Riki is going back to Japan," Sunoo explains with teary eyes, voice trembling. 

"What?" Jake asks in a whisper.

"H- Hyung," the boy says in a low, weak voice. "I'm scared." He looked down at the floor. "I need him." 

"Go talk to him, Sunoo," the older boy replies, trying to comfort him, putting his hands on his shoulders. 

The younger quickly recollects himself. He nods to Jake, looking at him in the eyes before walking inside the kitchen. In there, everyone was surrounding Mrs. Nishimura, telling her goodbyes while she thanked them and gave them all a sad smile in return.

When he opened the door, all action was completely stopped. Everyone stared at him for a few seconds until Mrs. Nishumura finally takes a step forward. When she was in front of him, she gave him one of those motherly sweet smiles she always used before taking him into her arms, squeezing him tightly. Sunoo didn't find the time to freeze over the sudden action and instead let himself get melted away, returning the action. He buries his face onto her shoulder and everything was quiet for a few seconds. 

"You should go up and talk to him," she whispers, "He isn't taking this much better than you."

They separate the hug, the lady grabs onto both on his shoulder firmly and says, "We'll be back." She said it with so much confidence that Sunoo decided to believe her. He gave her a small smile and nodded firmly. The woman tip-toed and reached to kiss his forehead. "I'm sorry for not doing better. It was going back to Japan or being fired, I'm sorry."

Sunoo instantly shook his head. "Don't say that Mrs. Nishimura. I actually want to thank you. Thank your the motherly warmth you've showed me throughout these months, thank you, really." With that, they bid final goodbyes before Sunoo took a step back and walked to the staircase. 

He took each step quicker than the previous one, desperate to see his lover. When he got to his door, he didn't hesitate to open the door. The boy was laying on his bed, blankly looking at the ceiling and the words that came out of his mouth nearly made the Korean boy laugh. "Mom, I'm not ready." It would have been funny, of course, if it were like every morning that it was a fight to get Ni-Ki out of bed for school but this was different. Very, very different.

"Riki," the boy calls out softly, closing the door behind him, instantly getting the said boy's attention.

The younger sits up on his bed, his eyes welling with tears as he watches the older approach him. The boy takes a sit next to the blonde. They make eye contact for a moment before hugging each other, feeling safe and instantly calming down in each other's arms.

Why does it hurt so much? Sunoo wonders, closing his eyes tightly and squeezing the boy tighter. He knew that neither of them would give up on each other yet the thought of not being close hurt so much. His heart. It was clenching so tightly that he had to swallow the lump of his throat so harshly he thought the other must've heard him as they hugged. He had no idea why he felt so heartbroken at just the thought of it. Yes, they were serious but they were also aware that they were still young and that their relationship could just be temporary, a passing moment. He had no clue why it burned. Yet, when they separated and they locked eyes he just knew it. "I love you," he mutters before pressing their lips together.