56: We're Happy

The two had been laying in the bed for the past twenty minutes, Riki's head on the other's chest. The older's arms were tightly around him. Neither of them wanted to move and that was a fact, they just wanted to be around each other, taking in each other's scent, feeling their arms around one another. 

"How... how are you here?" Sunoo asks weakly after minutes of quietness. 

Ni-Ki clears his throat and looks up at him, smiling slightly. "My Hyung's business is apparently bigger than I thought it was." 

"Will you be staying?" 

The younger reaches out and places a hand on the other's cheek. "I'm staying," he replies in a quiet, soothing voice. "Yuta-Hyung is giving my mom a job and he's helping us pay for my tuition at Hanlim. I- I got the idea of calling him a couple of days after we left but," he laughs, "Hyung gave his secretary his phone and she forgot to deliver the message so we only started to plan our move around a week ago. Which is why-"

"Which is why you couldn't contact as often," Sunoo seemed to untense his body at that. He kisses the other's head before burying his into his hair. "God, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Hyung," he giggles a little. 

Then, there was a knock on the door and neither of them moved. There was another knock. "Sunoo are you in there?" They heard Jake's voice shout and while Ni-Ki smiles widely Sunoo rolls his eyes. 

"Come in!" Sunoo yells back and the door was soon opened.

Jake first froze at the sight before Riki unveiled his face and jumped up to give the other a strong hug. "I missed you Hyung."

"Wh- what are you doing here?" He stutters, separating the hug. 

The younger shrugs with a smile, "I'm moving back to Seoul."

"Oh, wow, wow!" Jake hugs him again. "I can't believe it! I'm so glad Riki!"

They separate and Sunoo from behind clears his throat, sitting up on the bed. "Right, Sunoo, your dad is calling for you."

Sunoo huffs, standing up and running his hands through his suit, "I guess it's showtime."

---

The three of them walk downstairs, the oldest ahead while the other two hold hands behind. "I'm nervous," Riki confesses, gripping stronger. 

"I don't care about what he says, we can be happy now," Sunoo says firmly, turning to look at the other with a soft smile. "We have to do this," he whispers, connecting their foreheads in front of the hall's entrance. "I love you, Riki. So, so much and you're the only one that helps me be happy. I need you. I want you."

"I love you too, Hyung."

They have one last, long, chaste kiss before they open the door and step in, both of them faking confidence as they walked with long strides toward Mr. Kim. Coincidentally, the older man was talking to Yuta with a carefully constructed professional smile. Yuta saw them coming and smiled at Riki before noticing their hands and smiling even wider than before, affection in his eyes. 

Mr. Kim followed his eyes and once he found what was the source of the other's smiles his instantly drops and was replaced by a scowl. He turned in the direction his son was coming from and took a step forward, waiting for them to arrive.

"Father," Sunoo spoke coldly, a slight glare directed at him.

"What is this boy doing here?" He questions through gritted teeth.

Sunoo shrugged, "He's my boyfriend. Shouldn't he be here?" He says in a loud voice, one that said he didn't care if anyone else heard. Upon doing so, he squeezed the younger's boy's hand as if asking for permission and so the Japanese returned the gesture.

Mr. Kim looked around warily and leaned in closer, "Don't speak so loud. We'll settle this tomorrow, I'm speaking with someone important."

"No," the young adult said with a firm voice, his voice hardening. "We'll talk about this now."

The two Kims had a staring contest for some time before the older blinked. "Fine, in my office," he says.

"No, it's fine here," the boy retorts before his father could take a step. 

"No, in my office."

"I'm sorry but what's the problem?" Yuta intervenes, frowning.

The older Kim instantly puts on his professional smile, "I'm sorry about my son Mr. Nakamoto. He and-" he looked at the younger boy with disgust which made him squirm a little. "This other boy are just trying to bother me. I sincerely apologize."

Yuta raises an eyebrow. "Who are you to look at my brother like that?" He questions with irritation.

"Hyung, it's fine. We just need to talk with Mr. Kim," Riki cut in to say.

"Your brother?" Mr. Kim pales a little though he stays composed.

"Is that a problem? Mr. Kim, if you're a homophobic asshole then I'm sorry but we could never be business partners." By now, people were listening in to their conversation, even the classical band had stopped playing and so the room was dead silent apart from their chatter. "These two boys love each other and if you want to separate them just because they are the same gender then that means you are sick." Yuta was glaring at him with disgust.

Mr. Kim hardens his expression, "Mr. Nakamoto, I don't think you have a right to tell me how to dictate my child."

"Except I'm not," Sunoo stepped in. "Ever since my mother died, you haven't been my father. You've neglected me and bossed me around and mistreated me. You have never taken interest in my life if it had nothing to do with the company. I've stopped actually thinking of you as my father for a long time, just because you have that title doesn't mean I actually believe it." He took a glance at Ni-Ki and pulled him beside him. "I love him. He's the only person I've ever loved like this since my mother. He makes me happy and I won't let you just take it away because you please, because of the 'company's image' I'm not gonna be your puppet anymore."

With that, he turns around and walks with Ni-Ki's hand intertwined with his own. They walked and walked, not turning around once. When they were out, they looked at each other and smiled, conveying their happiness. Then, they ran out of the house and to the pond.

Under the moon, they linked both of their hands together, looked each other in the eyes, and smiled. 

Who knew? Who knew that Yuta selling his house in Japan and Mr. Kim buying it would end in this. Who knew that just one person could make them so happy? Feel so much?

As they shared a long and passionate kiss, all those memories flashed through them and they could only think of two things:

1. I'm in love with this boy.

2. I'm happy.

A/N: I want to thank every single one of you here for being here. For following me throughout the story and not giving up on it. I know that throughout it I hit some patches where the story might have not been good or satisfactory so thank you so much for reading all the way through. While this is the last official chapter, there will be an epilogue which I promise to upload within the next few days. Also, I will be editing this story as soon as the epilogue is uploaded and will be thinking about changing the title. 

Please give me suggestions here for a title change or if 'Serendipity' fits!

If you liked this story, I would highly appreciate it if you checked out my other stories and if you're an NCTzen as well as an ENGENE just like myself then I invite you to check out my MARKNOMINHYUCK story which is ongoing as of now.

I hope you enjoyed 'Serendipity' and that you are having/had a lovely day!

This has been 'Serendipity'! Thank you for reading!