SIXTY SIX

HARRY POV:

Party planning is in full swing! 

It's been a few days since I met with Gemma and after having dinner with her last night we have a clear plan and a hefty to do list moving forward.

Although I don't particularly like Flo working so much and so late it's been quite beneficial, being able to make phone calls without worrying she'll hear me. This morning I've spoken with our old band members Josh and Sandy who are on board, I've been able to run the plan by Mum and Robin, and invite James who thinks he'll be able to make it over. 

"Hello?" I say answering my phone. 

"Harry? It's Ben, I've only just had a chance to listen to the message you left."

Ben Winston has been a friend of mine for many years and worked with us on tons of projects. "It's great to hear from you man! How are you?" 

"You too, I'm good just adjusting to life as a new dad. Thanks so much for your lovely gift."

I can't remember exactly what I got delivered to Ben and his wife Meredith, but it was a bunch of stuff for the baby as well as the two of them. "No need to thank me, congratulations again!" 

"Ah thanks I can't wait for you to meet her! Anyway, I haven't got a lot of time so what's this you'd like my help with."

"Well, I'm not sure whether you've heard about..."

"The fact you've met the love of your life? James filled me in but go on."

Knowing he's probably not got too much time, I explain my crazy plan to Ben as best I can and how I'd really appreciate if he could help me out after seeing what he was able to do for the band. "James is coming, the boys are on board, and it's going ahead it'd just be extra special if you were involved. Flo was a true One Direction super fan so she'd be over the moon to meet you and your family too." 

On the other end of the line Ben's silent for a minute or so, I know it's a lot to ask especially with a new born. "Count me in! We're going to make this epic Harry, I can't wait to see you boys perform again and I definitely want to be a part of it."

"For real?"

"For real! It wasn't just you four that had the time of your life." 

I shake my head in disbelief. "Thank you! You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this and I just can't wait to see you." 

"Me too, it's been a while."

I think back to the last time I saw him, we sat outside one of our favourite restaurants in Los Angeles having lunch. A few weeks later I was on a plane back to London, not yet realising how much my life would change. "Listen, I'm sorry I left quite suddenly but it was the best thing I could've done." 

"Don't apologise Harry," Ben says sympathetically. "Honestly, Meredith and I were worried about you the last time we saw you, it was obvious you needed a change. Although, we never expected you to move a girl into your house and settle down."

He laughs and so do I because I never expected it either. "Believe me, neither did I!" 

"We're happy for you, very happy." I know he means it, I can hear it in his voice. "Listen, I'm going to have to go, we've got the team meeting for Late Late. It was lovely speaking to you and I'll make sure to speak to my contact for the theatre today." 

"Alright, I won't keep you any longer! Thanks again, let me know if the theatre can be done and I'll start making calls on my end." 

After ending the phone call with Ben I already feel better about the party and pretty confident that it's all going to go well. Other than running to the studio this afternoon I haven't got many plans today, so I decide to sit down and make a list of things I need to do over the next few weeks to make sure the party is perfect.