TWO

Flo POV:

I made it onto the train with a few minutes to spare, thank goodness! I find my seat on the train, it's quite empty for a weekday morning. Today's Friday, a lot of people tend to travel to London for the weekend or on business, so I'm surprised it isn't chaotic.

Typically, I'd read a book on a journey like this but I just can't get into it recently. My heads been all over the place for the majority of the past year. I take off my coat and place it on the seat next to me, the cold autumn air of September is my favourite even when it gets a little chilly. Hopefully by the end of this year, I'll be closer to a career in fashion.

I take my sketchbook from my backpack and flick through, I spot my current special design; a black and red suit with flared pants which I've nicknamed 'The Queen of Hearts'. I turn to a fresh page and write September 2016 in the top corner, it's become a force of habit, I guess because fashion is seasonal.

Later on...

I caught the tube to Farringdon, a borough fairly close to central London, where the travelodge I'll be staying in is. After checking in I change out of my yoga pants and into some jeans, keeping the t-shirt and vans the same, I didn't bother with makeup because it's just me riding solo. My first stop is the Gucci store on Old Bond Street, recently I think the brand has truly been stepping it up, with some fresh looks for the season. The tube doesn't ever take long and before I know it, I'm standing on Old Bond Street.

Looking very out of place, I wander down the street until I find what I'm looking for. I stand and stare at the Gucci storefront, it's so decadent as would be expected. I actually feel a bit self conscious, it's not like I look like I should be in there with some old denim jeans and a vintage Rolling Stones shirt.

This is the flagship store in London, I think, no wonder it looks so incredible. Inside is a mixture of subtle baby pink walls, plush red carpets and sleek black and gold shelving units. It truly captures the essence of an established brand pioneering the modern trends.

My eyes wander until they focus on my holy grail. I gravitate towards the Rainbow Loafers, they've been engraved in my brain since the moment I laid eyes on them. I drop my backpack on the floor to get a better look at the shoes.

"Fuck." I turn round to see a friendly looking guy with bright blonde hair face down on the floor, thanks to my bloody backpack.

"Oh..oh my god!" I bend down to help him up. "Are you okay? Shit, I'm awfully sorry!" I apologise.

He dusts himself off and looks to me with a smile. "Oh it's fine honey, honestly no worries. Careful though, you're bag was open. What's this?"

The guys swiftly picks up my portfolio which slipped out my bag, "Do you mind if I?" He points down at the book before opening it and having a little nosey.

As he turns the pages I can't help thinking I recognise him. Fashion week? Instagram or maybe TV, I can't place him. I'm broken out of my thoughts as he pats on my shoulder.

"Pardon? What was that sorry?" I ask him.

He chuckles, "I was just saying how amazing you're designs are! These are yours aren't they? I know someone who would love to see these."

"For real? They are mine." I gasp.

He nods, "Totally! I think the prints you're coming up with are innovative, the colours are so vibrant."

This guy seems very enthusiastic about my sketches, he's possibly offering me a client or whatever and I don't even know his name.

"That's great to hear, thank you. Before we go on, I didn't catch your name.' I smile.

"Harry Lambert, you?" He holds out his hand which I shake.

"Florence Thompson, Flo for short though. No one calls me Florence." I admit.

"How convenient! Florence is the birthplace of Gucci." Harry laughs.

"I didn't even get on to that." I giggle, as I pull my bag onto my back, Harry starts to speak again.

"Um, Flo. Do you mind if I take a few pictures of your designs and show them to that person I mentioned?" When I look up, Harry's got his head in my sketch book again, fingers tracing over the patterns on the paper.

I furrow my brows in confusion, "What's this special person gonna do with them?"

"I'm his stylist and we need some fresh looks. Let's go for dinner tonight and I'll explain, long story short...we need designs like yours Flo." I some faint wrinkle lines on Harry's head, this is clearly something that's been stressing him out.

I am internally screaming right now, could this be the beginning of my dream coming true. These are sketches I didn't think we're worthy of showing and now a stylist wants to use them for a client!

"Holy fuck. Yeah take them." I grin.

Harry hands me back his portfolio before pulling me into a tight hug, as he pulls away he hands me his phone. "Put you're number in there, I'll speak to my friend and I'll update you over dinner."

"That's cool, yeah okay. I'm staying in the travelodge in Farringdon." I look at him, to gage whether he knows where I'm on about.

"Yeah I know it." He nods.

"Talk to you later then." I call as I walk out the store.

"Flo!" I hear Harry say.

"Harry?"

"You've saved the day!" He smirks, I look back at him a tad suspicious but continue to the tube station anyway.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hey pals.

so we're getting in to the story now.

what were flo's chances eh?!

i wonder who harry's friend is.

let me know what you're thinking.