FOURTY EIGHT

Flo POV:

Lux rushed upstairs as soon as I unlocked the front door, when I get up there I peak my head around her bedroom door and find her playing with some toys.

"Ready for bathtime princess?"

"Can I have one in the morning," she yawns, "I'm tired."

Normally I'd say no but since we've both had a long day and it's almost bedtime I don't mind too much, there's no harm in giving her a bath before we get dressed tomorrow.

I nod, "that's fine, just this once though okay?"

"Okay," she nods back.

"Do you want to stay here and play with your dolls while I have a shower?"

"Yes please," Lux smiles, I love how well mannered and polite she is.

I walk over and ruffle her blonde hair, smiling back at her. "I won't be long and then if you're hungry we can have a snack."

She nods but doesn't take her attention from the toys, I close the door and walk across the landing to mine and Harry's bedroom. I take my phone from my pocket and send him a text before I forget, I'm sure he'll be worrying a little.

Hope you're having a lovely evening, I have no doubt the party will be a success! About to put Lux to bed, she says hey. Stay safe, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you x

I throw my phone onto the bed and go into the bathroom, I run the water while I take off my clothes and take my hair out of its messy bun. The glass screen starts to steam up and the bathroom gets humid, as always I feel relaxed as soon as I step under the water and honestly I can't remember I had a quick five minutes to myself.

By the time I'm in my comfies, which consists of another of Harry's t-shirts and a pair of pyjama shorts, it's already almost half past eight, it's been a long day but it's gone over so fast. Lux is still playing with her toys when I look in on her, I can tell that she's tired and it is way past her usual bedtime although it's not as if she's doing anything important tomorrow.

"Lux," she looks up at me innocently, "are you tired, should we go to bed?"

I expect a slight argument honestly, no kid wants to go to bed when they're told especially on the weekend, even though Lux is well behaved all the time. To my surprise she simply nods and tries to climb up into bed, I wonder why Harry chose to buy such a large bed for a child.

"It's been a long day Aunt Flo," I have to laugh at how grown up she sounds.

I shake my head and grin, "I was thinking you could sleep with me in my big bed since Uncle Harry's out tonight."

"Really?" I watch her eyes light up and I nod.

"Why don't you go and snuggle up under the covers, pick a film or a book and I'll get us a drink."

"Okay," immediately she hops out of bed and runs across the hall to my bedroom as I go down to the kitchen.

I make us both a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows as a sneaky weekend treat, it is girls night after all!

I wouldn't be surprised if Lux had already fallen asleep by the time I get back upstairs because she's had such a long day, I hope she hasn't though, it's not often we get to spend one on one time in the evenings.

When I eventually get back to the bedroom, after many attempts of not spilling anything on the carpet, I see that Lux is in fact still awake with the remote control in her hand. She's on Harry's side, which is great for me, and I can't help but smile at how tiny she looks in such a massive bed.