SIXTY ONE

Harry POV:

"Harry, where are you?" Jeff calls from inside the house. "Out by the pool," I push my sunglasses up of my face.

I've been out in Los Angeles for over a week. The weather has been incredible for this time of year, so we've been spending most of our free time outside- hiking, swimming, eating al fresco.

We finished up on all the business we needed to do ahead of schedule and it's been good to spend some time with Jeff. It's been decided that I won't need to fly back out here until April after the first single is released, it seems so close.

Jeff sits across from me on the sun lounger looking a little stressed to say the least. "What is it?"

"Listen Harry, I've got to fly to New York tonight."

I agreed to stay an extra week to hang out with him and now he has to leave. "Are you joking?"

He looks down, to be fair he does seem genuinely sorry. "There's nothing I can do about it-''

I shake my head. "You don't have to explain." In this area of work, you've got to expect things like this, I can't be mad with him. "Do you need me to drop you off at the airport?"

"There's a car waiting for me outside," I give him a hug and then see him off. "I'll see you soon alright?" He nods, "I'll make sure of it Harry."

I head into the kitchen to pour myself a cold glass of white wine, I've been enjoying one in the evening.

I left my phone on the counter inside out of the heat, when it lights up I look to see if it's Flo but it's not. We haven't been able to facetime or even talk much, she's been busy as have I and the time difference hasn't been easy to work around.

I miss her.

It's gone three in the afternoon here, so it'll be almost midnight at home. I could try. After three or four rings I see her face appear on the screen. She's in bed with her hair in two braids, looking stunning as always.

"Hi, my love." I smile at her words, I didn't realise how much I miss her voice. "I miss you Harry."

"I miss you too baby." More than I care to admit to her, she's coping better than me. I spend almost every day with her and I want her here with me.

"How's Los Angeles?" Flo asks as she leans over to get a cup of tea from the side table.

"Yeah it's been okay," I nod, I have actually had a good time. "Guess what?"

Flo pulls a cute face that makes me laugh, scrunching her nose together. "Hmm, you want to come home."

I laugh some more, she knows me so well. "Yes, but it's not that. We'll be coming out here sometime in April, I'm performing on SNL."

Her jaw drops and then she squeals happily. "WHAT! Saturday Night Live for your first solo performance?! Harry I'm fucking proud of you!" The last time I was on the show it was about two years ago, we were promoting our album FOUR at the time.

"I'm grateful that you're going to be there with me."

"Let's start talking about styling when you get back, I've got so many ideas!"

"Okay." It is about time we start talking more about business, we haven't properly worked together yet.

I think it's also about time I do something I should've done a while ago.

"What's wrong?"

"When I get back I'd like to play you the album." Outside of Jeff and the label, Flo will be the first to hear it.