THIRTY THREE

Lou POV:

"Fuck, you've made me so broody!" I tell Emi whilst I cradle sleeping baby Spike in my arms, he turned two a few months ago and I can't believe Lux is already five.

"Don't, please. I look at him and I want another! You're okay with us calling round aren't you?" She asks, she's been on the school run with Silver this morning. Silver and Lux are best friends like their mums.

"Yeah course, Flo's coming round soon, you don't mind do you."

Emi smiles curiously. "Flo? As in the girl Harry's obsessed with? Adam was telling me about her the other day."

"Yes. You'll love her, we're very close already. Lux is absolutely smitten with her, she's actually dropped her off at school this morning."

"Do you think it'll last, between her and Harry I mean." Emi sips her tea.

"I do. He's totally serious about her and he's let her into Lux's life which he'd never normally do. Well you know, you know him, you know what he's like."

"He's totally protective over the girls, you're right." She nods.

"Yeah and he wants to ask her to be his girlfriend but wants Lux to be involved. They've planned it together and everything, a lot of shit's happened to her so he wants to make so much special for her."

"You can understand that then, I want her to meet Silver and Spike." Emi admits.

"How come?"

"Well, you know, if she's part of the group then she's gonna meet them either way. I know Silver will want to when she hears Lux talking about her and I just think it's important for us all to stay close."

A knock at the door distracts us from the conversation, I pass Spike over to Emi so I can answer the door. On the other side is Flo, she gives me a quick hug and comes through.

"Can I have a cuppa? I'm dying for one." Flo says as she heads to the kitchen.

"Yeah course, Adam's wife Emi has stopped by with their youngest Spike."

"Silver's mum? Lux has been telling me about them this weekend, Adam's in the band isn't he?"

I nod, as we get into the kitchen I see that Spike's woken up and is playing with some building blocks on the floor.

"Hi, Flo right?" Emi stands up and they hug.

"Hello, lovely to meet you." She looks down at Spike. "Oh my god isn't he precious."

"Spike, say hi."

"SPIKE!" He grabs onto Flo's leg and giggles.

"What are you doing?" Flo ruffles his strawberry blonde curls. "Is my leg comfy?" She coos in a baby voice.

Eventually Spike leaves go and toddles round with the building blocks again, Flo sits down at the table across from Emi and I place her tea in front of her.

"So Flo, how're you and Harry?" Emi asks, I shoot her a glare which Flo sees.

She chuckles. "We're good, I don't know whether anyone's told you but we like each other and we're seeing each other. He said something mad in bed last night though, did I tell you?"

I shake my head.

"I was talking about Lux, I can't remember why. Anyway I think I said like she's cute or something and he was like 'oh our kids will be cute' and I was shook."

"You're not being serious?!" Emi says shocked. "What the fuck, that's so unlike Harry."

"This is how I know he's serious about you Flo."