THIRTY NINE

Harry POV:

"I'm off, see you two later!" I call to Flo and Harry in the office.

I put on my black coat, baker boy hat and favourite pair of black sunglasses, all I want is to pick Lux up without hassle. I'm about to leave when I hear someone running down the stairs, it doesn't surprise me when I see Flo.

"Hey." She says breathless. "Can you ask Lux what she wants for tea and let me know asap please?"

I nod. "Course I can darling, see you later." I give her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Later, love you."

"Love you too." I smile as I shut the door.

:

When I get to the school Lux's class haven't been let out, I park across from the building and go stand in the playground, Lux has always been in the smaller classes so there are never many parents here. A lot of the parents know about Lux's lifestyle, who her mum is and what she does, they never see me here though so I'm hoping they won't recognise me. I pass the time checking my emails, making sure I've missed nothing from Jeff, then I hear the school door opening and the sound of all the kids.

I spot Lux straight away, her hair up in a topknot and chatting to one of her friends. I see her look round, probably for Lou.

"Lux!" I wave my hand in the air. "Lux!"

As soon as she spots me she runs over and jumps into my arms. "Hello love!"

"Uncle Harry! Where's mama?" She asks.

I hold her up with one arm and take her school bag in the other. "Your Auntie Sam couldn't find anybody to look after Sid so she's gone to a meeting, we're gonna spend some time together today."

"Can we go the park?" Lux rests her head on my shoulder.

"We can." I remember what Flo asked me before I left. "Oh, what do you want for dinner Lux?"

"Hmmm." Lux thinks for a moment. "I don't really know."

"Should I tell Aunt Flo to make anything?" She nods.

"Where is she?" Anytime she isn't with us, Lux can't help but ask where Flo is which makes me smile.

"Aunt Flo's making you dinner and then we'll take you back home." I tell her. "So, I thought we could go through our plan for Wednesday and then go the park."

On Wednesday I'm going to ask Flo to be my girlfriend...with Lux's help.

Flo thinks we're minding Lux for an hour or so, in actual fact Lou and Lux have come up with an excuse to get Flo to bring her to Petersham Nurseries. Lux calls it 'the place with pretty lights' because of its outside dining area/ cafe that's so perfect it should be out of the movies, I've rented it out and hired a chef since they use it as a tearoom and don't serve evening meals.

"Are we going to the see fairy lights!" Lux claps her hands in the back seat.

"We are indeed my little munchkin. Now.." I turn to face her "...where we go today is where you need to take Aunt Flo and there'll be arrows to help you, okay?"

"Okay Uncle Harry." She replies.

:

Lux and I spent half an hour or so in Petersham Nurseries, we walked round, looked at the plants and then I showed her the route for Wednesday.  Lux was singing and dancing her way along the trail, her anticipation for the whole evening fills me with joy.

I have to say, I wouldn't be able to thank the staff enough; they've dedicated their time to creating stunning floral bouquets and have crafted small wooden arrows decorated with pink petals and fairy lights- they'll be stuck in the ground to help Lux.