FIFTY FOUR

Flo POV:

That's what happened.

I've gone over everything in my head, I can't make sense of anything, I was taken completely by surprise.

All I wanted was to be alone, that's why I locked myself in here, but all I want now is Harry.

I find him upstairs lying on our bed, at first I think he's asleep because he doesn't even notice me, as I move towards him he sits up.

His face washes with relief and he opens his arms out to me.

I throw my arms around him and nuzzle my face into his neck, he still smells so good and instantly I feel a little better.

"I love you," I tell him softly.

"Flo, please tell me what went on."

"Everything was fine after I left you, I went upstairs to the bathroom and was on my way back down when it happened," I sigh, "I heard a door open and carried on towards the stairs and then someone grabbed me...well it was a boy."

I continue, "I tried to sound friendly at first when I told him to let go of me, I thought it was an innocent mistake, maybe he thought I was someone else. But then he wouldn't let go of me and he tried to force me into the bedroom, I thought of you being right there at the bottom of the stairs and something came over me. I kneed him in the crotch and then from there all I remember is running."

Harry looks at me, not saying a word.

"Where did he grab you?" His voice is tender.

I show him my wrist, I haven't even looked at it yet, it's bright red and burning.

He takes it in his hand and softly kisses it.

"What did he look like?" Harry asks, I still can't tell how he's feeling.

I close my eyes and try to picture it.

"He was wearing a mask. Like a human face but distorted, a big mouth with bright pink lips and square teeth like how you'd draw them in primary school."

"The Purge mask?"

I nod slowly.

"Flo," Harry says with a serious tone in his voice, "I think we should go to the police and report this."

"I don't know."

"Please love, I can pay for all the security in the world but this proves we're not invincible. This man assaulted you for no apparent reason and made his intentions pretty clear, he's a predator."

He's right, I can't stand by and let this happen to another girl.

"Okay, but will you come with me?"

Harry shakes his head, "you didn't think I'd let you go alone did you, I'm here to support you."

"Thank you."

"You're doing the right thing," he kisses my temple.

"Harry, can we go tomorrow? I know it's important but I need to lie down, my body hurts."

His facial expression is sympathetic, "of course, is it okay if I take a picture of your wrist?"

I nod.

After he gets a couple of pictures, Harry helps me undress and brings me up a cup of tea and some biscuits.

"You need to eat something Flo, where are you?"

"Taking my makeup off."

When I look in the mirror I see that my eyes are puffy from crying and I look exhausted but at least I'm home safe and in one piece.

"Harry, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, you know that."

I take his hand in mine and draw tiny patterns on his palm with my finger, "are you alright?"

"I'm okay," he takes a deep breath and gives me a small smile, "it was scary seeing you shoot past me like that, my heart dropped. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you, I couldn't move past that."

I cup his face gently and kiss his lips.

"Don't think like that, I'm safe and I'm here with you."

"I know," he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Harry, we don't need to tell anybody about this do we?" I blurt out.

I don't want to keep things from anyone but I want to deal with it and move on from it privately, especially if the police are involved.

"Family-wise? No, I think we should keep it between us, at least until we see what happens. I will have to inform our security at least, so they know what's going on and who to look out for."

I expected that.

Despite the severity of the situation, I'm proud of myself for the way I handled it. I stood up for myself, I saved myself and that's something I used to think I couldn't do.

Although I feel fine now I think and Harry and I both know that could change, it was a traumatic experience and last time I isolated myself.

Harry's idea of me talking to a therapist is becoming more appealing and I do think it'll be good for me.

"Can we start looking at a therapist for me? I've surprised myself, I promise you I feel fine, but I think in the near future it'll be helpful."

"Yeah, we can do that."

I smile and snuggle down under the covers, "I'm exhausted."

"I bet you are," Harry replies, "go to sleep baby."

"I love you," I tell him as I drift off.

He buries his face in my hair, "I love you so much."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

anyone relieved?

this is all the drama for now, let's see what happens.

okay moving forward, we're skipping ahead to december and getting this story moving!

thanks for all your support, hope you're still loving the story.

p.s. WATERMELON SUGAR IS COMING.