FOURTY NINE

Harry POV:

"Harry?" Gemma whispers in my ear, "I think I'm going to go up to the room now, I'll see you later."

She hugs me tightly before making her way around the rest of the table saying her goodbyes, I check the time and see it's almost five in the morning! In the past I would've stayed out longer but I think it's time for me to call it a night as well.

"Gem, wait there! It's time for me to go to bed too, in fact, I think it's best if we all do."

I look around the room and see that we're actually the last people here and didn't even realise, it makes sense I mean the host can't leave before his guests. This happens quite a lot when we're all out together, we lose track of time and all of a sudden it's time to go home.

Nick grabs me from behind, "time flies when you're having fun eh, well done Hazza!"

"Congratulations on the issue man!"

"I appreciate it Adam, thank you for coming," I shake his hand and give him a quick hug, Lou smiles at me from her seat.

This was the first time I've really met Adam, she's spoken about him before and I've seen him in passing but we've never gotten to talk. I think they've been dating for a while but he hasn't met Lux, Lou didn't tell me about him for a couple of months because she knows I'm very close with her ex Tom and wasn't sure how I'd take it. At the end of the day as long as Adam treats her well and she's happy then so am I.

Gemma links her arm in mine as we say our final goodbye's and then we head up to our room, the magazine booked us a suite at the top of the hotel despite my resistance, I think they assumed I'd be bringing Flo and went all out for me and my girlfriend.

"You didn't have to come up you know," Gemma presses the button for the top floor in the elevator.

"I wouldn't let you leave alone and I'm done in!"

It's true, as much as I've loved this evening I just can't hack it like before, I've never been a big drinker anyway.

"Do you want to grab some breakfast in the restaurant tomorrow or would you prefer to have a lie in?" She asks trying not to yawn.

We don't have many opportunities to spend much time together so we may as well take advantage of it, "I'd love too and then we can get a cab home, have you got any plans tomorrow?"

Gemma's so tired she almost misses our room, I open the door and she goes ahead of me heading straight to the bed and taking off her heels.

"Michael should be home when we get back so I'll catch up with him," she replies to my question.

"He's been away quite a lot recently."

I like Michael, we get on well and I'd say he's one of my closest friends but at the moment it seems as though every time I speak to Gemma he's off somewhere else. That's not his fault and it's good they both have separate lives, I just know my sister and that she doesn't love being alone so much which is probably why she's been going to Holmes Chapel a lot.

"Says you," she comments sarcastically, "it's one of those months for him, you know with one thing after another."

I can't keep anything from Gemma, I have to express my concern.

"You're okay though Gem? Being home alone so much, there's no problem between you?" I ask.

She looks slightly taken aback so I continue to explain myself.

"I don't want you to think I'm being rude or making assumptions because that's not the case," I sit beside her on the bed and take her hand, "you and Michael are two of my favourite people but you will always be my priority and I just want to know you're okay."

Gemma is quiet for a couple of moments when I feel her squeeze my hand I know she's not mad at me.

"Sometimes it's shit, I'll admit that, but he's never away for too long and normally it's not this often. Harry, you should know that if anything was up I'd come to you anyway."

I nod with a smile and hug her tight, Gemma is the best friend I could ask for and she always has been.

"I know but it can be hard to open up about the simplest of things when it comes to such personal stuff."

"You're not good with it either Harry, I hope that you'd be able to come to me if anything was bothering you," she pulls away and smiles some more, "I think you and Flo work well for each other because you encourage one another to talk so it's good that you both have that support system."

"It's a comforting feeling and it's good to know she's been accepted as part of the family, I can't wait for us all to spend more time together at Christmas. Will Michael be joining us this year?"

Gemma thinks for a second, "as far as I know, he wants to, but its ages away!"

I shake my head, it's Halloween next week and before we know it we'll be heading to Holmes Chapel for Christmas and New Year.

"Be realistic Gem, it's November next week."

I hear her rooting through her bag to find pyjamas and realise I need to do the same, I'm pretty sure Flo will sleeping in something of mine.

"You'll be on tour soon enough Harry."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," I reply, "it's beginning to sound like you all want me gone."

"That's exactly what it is," her sarcasm reappearing again, "it's wonderful that Flo's going to be experiencing it with you."

"Yeah, that's one aspect I'm really looking forward to."

The prospect of having Flo with me for the whole tour brings me a lot of inner peace I guess, going on tour is part of my job and something I love but I'd be lying if I said it didn't get lonely. I can't describe the feeling because it's different for everyone, it was different for each of us in the band, some can handle it and some can't. When I'm away I find that I'm fine for a long period of time and then something changes, I lose my perspective and feel completely isolated even if I'm in a room full of people so having Flo with me will be such a help.

I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and by the time I get back I see Gemma is fast asleep, I fix the duvet so she's tucked in and get in beside her.

Although I was apprehensive I did have a fun night with all my closest friends and it's reassured me when it comes to the album because of the positive perception and excitement surrounding it, I was asked about it more than I imagined and that felt really good. The only thing that could have made the night better would be Flo being there. I keep going on about it but, as Gemma said, she's my support system and I want the world to know she's mine, all that will come in time though and I do think space is good for us both.

Before I close my eyes I check the time on my phone and see it's almost 6 am, I lasted longer than I thought I would anyway. I look at Gemma who's still sleeping, close my eyes and drift off. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

short one bc i just wanted an update for you all!

i didn't update last week bc i had my belated birthday trip to disneyland with my sister, i was 21 this year and she was 18!

how is everyone? what have you been up to?

a new one coming soon x

INFO/UPDATE-

okay, i didn't want to do a separate chapter for this so i'm going to do it here!

the next part is going to be a follow up to this, harry returning home and having a cute day with flo etc, then there's going to be a time jump. the time jump is going to be halloween and then to christmas/ new year, simply because when they get into next year there will be a lot of big things coming. i've always had an idea as to where i want this story to go and i don't feel like i can get there without this time jump, it'll be easier for me and better for you guys.

what would you want to see for their future?

remember it'll be christmas, new year and then going into their birthdays, album release, tour, lots of fun stuff!