THIRTEEN

Lou POV:

I'm woken by a beam of sunlight escaping through the curtain, the room is still basically dark, unfortunately I'm a light sleeper. I roll over and see Lux spread across Harry's chest, his head rests on hers and he has his arm round her waist. Being Lux's mum and knowing Harry like a brother, I've witnessed the strain on both of them what with not being able to see each other. It's not affected their relationship itself; when they're reunited it's as if nothings changed, I worry about them more individually. Harry and Lux are two peas in a pod, they always have been, which is why I wasn't surprised that the distance was making it hard for both her and him. I can't thank Harry enough, he's doted on Lux since she was literally hours old. One of my fondest memories is of their first meeting, Harry was only sixteen and was completely in awe of my tiny baby. I think she made him grow up massively, not that he wasn't sensible, he just became this role model over night. He's always been able to be the fun uncle (Lux laughs more with him than anyone else) who goofs around to make her happy, despite that if she acts naughty or is impolite to anybody he's not afraid to tell her. I watched him turn from a boy to a man, when Tom or I couldn't watch Lux she was with Harry, he's treated her like his own and still does.

Seeing Lux in his arms gives me a sense of relief, my poor baby had some real rough patches through the summer not seeing Harry like she expected to. I think she missed a FaceTime from him and cried for days on end, I won't be telling him that because I know he'll feel horrendous and that's the last thing I want.

Normally throughout the summer she'll spend a lot of time with him, even when the band was still together, sometimes he'd come to us or we'd go to them. I think for Lux, the boys and especially Harry were a kind of home- she grew up knowing that lifestyle and being around them all the time. This summer has been different because of Dunkirk and the album, which ended up being back to back. As shitty as it was, I'd never blame him, he felt worse than she did at some points. Hurting Lux or me, or anyone as a matter of fact, is the last thing Harry would ever do. I guess a lot of mums would think me bringing her to LA was stupid, especially with her being in school now. To be honest, I couldn't see her so sad about missing Harry anymore, I knew he was feeling it too and no one makes him as happy as Lux. Looking at them now, I decide to leave them too it and let them sleep, Harry will know what to do when she wakes up.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it's almost ten, I text Flo to see if she's asleep or not.

Morning, you awake? x

Not expecting a reply, I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep. To my surprise, my phone goes off a couple minutes later.

Flo: I am, what's up? x

Lou: Fancy going for some breakfast while everyone's still asleep? x

Flo: Yes, love to!🥞😍 Give me fifteen minutes x

I get straight out of bed and head to the bathroom, I hop in the shower quickly before drying off and getting dressed. The city is super hot and sunny even though it's late September so I opt for my classic Levi jean shorts with a white tank top and vans. The only makeup I decide on is some brows and mascara, my sunglasses will be covering most of my face anyway.

I check my phone when I'm finished and see a text from Flo that was sent a couple of minutes ago.

Outside if you're ready? x

Trying my best to stay quiet, I open the door and step outside. Flo's dressed in a pretty red sundress and vans, I hand her a pair of Ray Bans.

"Here, thought you might need these. Sorry, I know I took ages but I had to make sure not to wake them."

"Them?" She asks me, looking confused.

"Oh, Harry stayed with us last night. I didn't want him driving so tired and a certain someone was using his chest as a pillow." I shrug.

"That's adorable." Flo chuckles.

I like that Flo finds it nice that Harry would do that, a lot of people find it quite bizarre that he'll stay over like that. What people forget is the Lux's upbringing has been totally crazy, she was on the road as soon as I could be and sometimes it was hard. Tom and I were still together back then, he couldn't always come on tour and it meant I was alone with a screaming baby; Harry used to stay over and help me out.

"I fell asleep before he could say goodnight." Flo's tells me.

"Bet you wish it was you're head resting on his chest." I wink.

"Lou!!!" Flo blushes.

I hold my hands up. "Hey, hey, just saying. Do you like him? He's like my baby brother, I'm curious."

"Truthfully, I think so but can't say for sure. He's been my biggest crush forever, I owe it to him to make sure these feelings are real and not just my inner fan girl." She mumbles.

What Flo's saying is true, I get where she's coming from. Harry is, well was, a quarter of the worlds biggest boyband, plus he's gorgeous, a charmer and as much as I hate to say it...quite perfect. Over the year I'd say I've come to understand him better than most, he hates when people look at him as just some famous kid rather than the guy he actually is. I admire Flo so much for giving him that, for giving herself time to look at him as a real person and not just 'Harry Styles'.

"That's a good way to go about it, I appreciate that you're thinking of him. Tell me though, what's your gut feeling." I question.

Flo bites her lip with a shy smile. "I feel like there's something there."

As we get out onto the LA streets, we both notice that it's absolutely heaving with people. Tourists are everywhere; men with socks and sandals, women with massive cameras round their neck, families taking pictures outside the theatre. Flo's first time here is important, I want her to experience it to the max even though I have no doubt Harry will bring her back here on tour. What's funny to me is that I've been here a few times and never took time myself to visit the Chinese Theatre or Griffith Observatory.

Flo's eyes wander over the streets, she looks fascinated by it all. "You wanna have a nose in the Chinese Theatre? You know, see the stars and shit?"

She nods. "Sure, can we eat first thought because I'm starving!"

It's almost eleven and neither of us have had any breakfast, I have to admit I'm rather hungry too. "Me too, let's find somewhere to eat."

The two of us casually stroll down the boulevard, the hot sun hitting our skin, nothing I love more than soaking up the vitamin D. I'm paying more attention to the heat than anything else, London has been fucking miserable lately... while I've been splashing in puddles, Harry's been splashing in the sea!

Flo grabs my hand and pulls me into Blu Jam Cafe, have I been here before with Harry? Probably, the boy loves his breakfast. A waitress walks past with a plate of french toast covered in strawberries and syrup, is this heaven. I can practically taste the coffee in my mouth, I'm trying to cut down nevertheless I can't resist a good cup in the morning. I see another waitress walk past with a stack of pancakes, this is gonna be a good breakfast!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hope you're enjoying the story so far!

a little lou chapter here, what do you think of her and flo?

lemme know what you're thinking!

lots of love x