TWENTY SEVEN

Harry POV:

Driving through London is something I love and hate. Naturally, you can imagine how congested it is all the bloody time- it can become irritating when you have to do it on a daily basis. Coming home from wherever I've been, cruising through the streets of London and watching the world go by is, in a sense, comforting.

For a Saturday evening, the traffic isn't too bad. The weather has been quite mild for September, most people have been making their way on foot. Flo's in the passenger seat next to me, I watch her out the corner of my eye, fascinated by the streets of the city- of course she's never lived here before, so this must be interesting to her. My left hand rests on the top of her thigh whilst the other is on the wheel; it's nice how even though we've basically confessed our feelings a little less than half an hour ago, nothing has changed and it all feels natural.

"Harry?" Flo asks.

I turn my head to look at her.

"Lux's room, it's not decorated. Why? I guess it's not what I was expecting."

That's a question I often ask myself, if I'm being honest I put it down to time. Lux has only started staying with me over the past two pushing three years, it wouldn't be for that long because I was still in the band. Home wouldn't be home for long, after a week or ten days I'd be back on a plane to another hotel.

"There was never a right time to ask or do it for her. By decorating it, I know that she'd want to come more often and at that point I was either touring or doing promo for the band. At the beginning of this year, I thought I'd have a break before going away to complete the album but then I got Dunkirk and I couldn't pass it up." I admit.

"You didn't want to let her down, Harry."

"Have anyway." I mumble, Flo takes my hand from her thigh and squeezes it.

"Harry. C'mon. She's a kid, that doesn't mean she's blissfully unaware of who you are. Lux wants to see you because she loves you, it makes her sad when she can't. However, she also understands that you have a job and that requires sacrifices." I smile, she's incredibly good at making me feel better.

"We should do it. Decorate her room, I'll be in London for a bit and now it's my own music, I guess I have a little more control." Flo nods.

"Yes! Interior design is my thing, should we tell her or surprise her?"

"Tell her, she'll be with us once a week anyway. Then she can have input, make it what she wants." I say.

"Totally. I'll help her figure it out, girl stuff." Flo laughs. "Can I put the radio on?"

"Course, no need to ask babe." She turns on the radio, I'm a bit disappointed it's not earlier in time for the breakfast show. When I can, I like to listen to Nick. At the moment it's just idle chat on Smooth, nothing I'm too into.

Then the familiar drum intro of Dreams by Fleetwood Mac start to play and I grin. Fleetwood Mac are an all time favourite, Stevie and Mick are such icons.

"Thunder only happens when it's raining!" Flo's singing her heart out to the chorus, she likes Fleetwood Mac. Oh god she is perfect. Me, I just hum along so I can see and hear how much she's enjoying this.

"And what you had, ooo what you lost..." She's swaying along to the melody and seems very relaxed. I've never seen her listen to music before, she's getting really into it.

"When the rain washes you clean, you'll know." I join in and she responds with a big cheesy grin, you know what she's actually a top notch singer!

"You like The Mac?" I ask curiously.