THIRTY EIGHT

Flo POV:

"Harry?" I grab his hand and stop him before he knocks on the door.  "I'm nervous."

Harry pulls me into him and kisses my cheek. "Darling, it'll be fine. My mum adores you and I'm sure she's told Gemma that."

No matter what Harry tells me I can't help the wave of anxiety that's come on, I don't think I'll feel better until we go in. Gemma is probably protective over Harry after the girls he's dated in the past and I don't want to disappoint her. I take a deep breath and look down at the ground.

"Hey, hey." Harry cups my face and tilts it up gently. "My family are going to love you, believe in yourself, no matter what I'm right by your side."

He always knows the right thing to say, I go on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." Harry replies before stepping forward and knocking on the door.

We're waiting on the doorstep for a minute or so before we hear the sound of a key turning in the lock, the door opens and there's Gemma dressed in blue jeans, a striped jumper and some black loafers. As soon as she sees Harry, her face lights up and she grabs hold of him in a tight hug.

"Bloody hell, I've missed you!" She squeals. "Three months is far too long Harry."

Standing behind Harry, I can't see his face but I know he's grinning. "It is, I thought you'd be able to come see me or vice versa. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you're here now." I hear her mumble into his shoulder. "Now..." Gemma pulls away and gestures towards me.

"Ahhh." Harry chuckles, he puts an arm round my waist and pulls me into him once more. "Gem, this is Flo, Flo this is Gem."

Gemma wastes no time and hugs me, I tense up a bit which I think she realises, she releases me pretty quickly. "Sorry, we're a family of huggers."

I hold my hands up, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Oh god, don't apologise, I didn't expect it. Gemma it's wonderful to finally meet you! This one...." I nudge Harry's side "...has told me so much about you."

She rolls her eyes. "Well Flo, I wish I could say the same but he..." She points a finger at Harry "...has been keeping you all to himself until this week it seems."

Harry clears his throat awkwardly. "Gemma, I am sorry about..."

"Harry don't be stupid!" Gemma laughs, "I'm joking jesus, come through you two."

Harry takes my hand in his and we follow Gemma through to the lounge, I see Anne sitting and chatting animatedly to a tall, blonde guy who I assume is Michael. As soon as Anne spots us she practically jumps off the couch and rushes over to Harry and me. I'm shocked when she comes to me first, she squeezes me tightly, like last night she smells of vanilla.

"Hello love, thank you for coming." She whispers into my ear.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, I'm glad you're here though." I confess. "I was feeling apprehensive."

Anne smiles and takes my hand, she turns to Harry. "Hi mum." He hugs her shoulders and kisses her head.

"Hello honey. How's your day been?" Anne nods between the two of us.

"We woke up quite late so I made pancakes and then just lounged on the couch for a while, didn't we H." I tell Anne.

"Mum you'll have to come for breakfast one time, Flo makes the best pancakes!" Harry gushes before turning to greet Michael.

"Alright mate, long time no see! How's the album going?" Michael asks.

"On hold at the moment, a lot of distraction." Harry glances to me playfully. "Michael, this is Flo."