Prologue

Croesus, The King of Lydia, who known for his wealth

~Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Danial Summer's POV

It was one of the parties that my boys liked to throw whenever it was the weekend. One: I was not a party-goer. Two: I have a big exam tomorrow and I think if I wanted to survive university life without having my mum nagging me all the time, I better score and aced all the exams.

Except tonight was not a good idea to study or maybe go to a party.

"Come on, Summer. You never went out of your fucking room. Fuck, even your bed was not ready to get you to sleep in it," one of my boys said as I was reading my notes at my desk.

"You know I cannot leave just like that. Prof. Maelstrom will have my head if I did not ace this test, I was his best student," I said as I was looking at my friend. He rolled his eyes before he was looking at me.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, I was doing my masters' right now and I was just 21 years old. I might be the youngest person ever to score this Masters' and graduate with honors.

"Seriously, you're no fun,"

"I am a fun person. Fun is my middle name," I said as I was continuing my reading.

"Well, your version of fun was not interesting. I might get some chicks before I needed to look at your face again," he said as he was moving out of the room. I scoffed at him as I was shaking my head. But something struck me.

I needed some chicks.

I felt my boner was coming. I don't know what to do with it. Sure, I was aware that my body was reacting this way because I felt lust but I never had it out of control. I tried to imagine numbers and coding. That's always turned it off.

It did turn off and I think I was due for some refreshment. The music was loud downstairs and I was looking at the sea of people. They were having so much fun as their graduation was here and they were ready to take on the world.

"I guess I might join them. I can score this shit on the top of my head," I said as I took my jacket and went out of my room before I locked it. I don't want anything to come into my room and do some crazy shit that I know college students tended to do.

After it was safely locked, I went out of the courtyard and joined the team. My boys were surprised to see me but they kept quiet about it. I went to talk with them as I saw they were practically looking at a group of female students.

"So, I heard that was the cream of the cream of this university," one of them told us. I was drinking my punch as I was looking at them. They were nice alright.

The shapely legs.

The slim bodies.

The perky tits.

But their laughter was not something that I was accustomed to. They were heavily in perfume and makeup that was too thick on their own. Well, except for someone that was hearing all the chit-chat of her friends.

"But there was someone that never, I mean ever, slept with a guy. Her name is Flora Kent," one of the boys said as I turned to look at them,

"Who?" I asked as I was sipping on the punch. It was okay.

"Flora Kent, one of the nicest and conservative girls in school. Someone asked her out yesterday and she declined. And that guy plays for the hockey team, national," he said as I was smirking into the drink.

Well, you have to be more brain than brawn then. She did not like that in a man, I deducted.

"Well, thank you for the eye-opening then. I will have my leave now," I said as I was dumping the punch onto the grass as there were so many people around me. I made my way to the house as I saw the girl group has gone. I sighed a relief as I don't think I wanted to see them again.

I was making my way up to my room as I was walking up the stairs. I was about to get my door unlocked before someone beat me to it.

"Shit," I said as I was getting inside before I closed the door again. The room was dark and I thought something moved behind me.

"I see that you were talking about me, Danial," her familiar voice was coming into my ear. I shivered before her hands were caressing my chest. I cleared my throat as I think my boner was coming back to me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I think I want to see your room, I guess. You always have been secretive of your personal life," she said as she moved to look at my desk. It was the only lighting in the room right now as her delicate fingers were tracing my papers. I gulped.

"You should get out," I said as I was trying to push her away from my desk as I put away my notes. She mused to me before she went to look at my reading collection.

"The Hobbit, nice," she said as she pulled it out and looked at the first page of my book. It was a gift from my then-girlfriend as I really liked the book but not her as much.

"I hope you will love this and remember me always, ouch," she said as she looked at me with a smirk on her face. I sighed before I pinched my nose bridge.

"Will you please put it back?" I asked her as she arched her eyebrow at me. She smirked before she put it back.

"Well, since you asked me nicely, I think I will let you have it, for now," she said as she was looking at me before she went to sit on my bed as she crossed her legs on the knees. Her sundress was ridden a bit and I can see that her creamy thighs were showing to me.

"So, shall I start the business or you?" She asked me as she was leaning on her hands as she was looking at me expectedly. I was closing my notes as she was so near and my boner was making me hard to breathe right now.

"I don't think this will be a good idea right now,"

"Why not?" She asked innocently as she was looking at me with her big green eyes. It was innocent but I know deep down, this woman was a hellfire. And I don't think I would be ready for it.

"So I guess my venture here was for nothing then," she said as she got out of the bed and went to the door. Before I can stop myself, I was holding her wrist as I pulled her closer to me.

"I did not say that," I said as I was locking my eyes with her. She was regarding me as she was looking into my eyes. Into my soul. The emotion that I have been holding for her as long as I can remember when I first saw her at a family gathering.

"Then what's your next move, Mr. Summer?" She asked as she looked at me. I was gulping before she looked at my lips and I was looking at hers.

"We should not do this. Not like this. I wanted it to be a normal arrangement. I have to face your father and ask for your hand in marriage," I whispered to her as she was sighing.

"Danial—"

It was the last thing that she said as I took her first kiss as she told me that she never had one. It was bliss and I think I wanted more from her that night.