Chapter 18

Flora Kent's POV

I have been happy and contented as I was doing some coding and programming as I remembered our shower that morning. I have been dying to get closer to Daniel as possible and I think I have hit the point where he wanted to shower with me.

He massaged my body as well as cleaned it real good. He played with my nipples until they were hard and left me breathless as he just left me getting wet for him but he never took me. I never had sex with Danial even though I know how much he controlled himself from taking me.

I giggled as I was putting some codes together and sent them to Val. I have to thank him as his party has helped me to move on from Danial and I think I might hold something else for him. I will lay for him that I don't need him in my life.

As I was busy doing some coding and programming for some websites that had been crashed with the virus, I was distracted by the constant ringing of the doorbell. I was trying to act like I was not home but the insistent was making me angry.

I got off of my study room as I went to the door and prepared some speech on my mind. I was about to say something angry and sarcastic when I was looking at one of the most feminine figures that I ever encountered. Except for me, of course.

Her auburn hair was cascading along her shoulder. Her petite figure was perfection as I was looking at her immaculate attire, compared to me who was in my sweatshirt and legging.

I went to look at her face. Her wide green eyes were looking at me as if I was a speck of dirt in her shoes. Well, the feeling's mutual. I never hated someone so quickly in my life than I was at her right now.

"Is this where Flora Kent's residence?" She asked me as I was blinking at her.

"No, this is not her residence," I said as I was trying to make believe that I was not her. I was Flora Clover after all. She looked at me sideways before making her way into the house. I grunted but I closed the door as I turned to look at her.

"Okay, what are you doing in my house? I just told you I was not Flora Kent," I said as I was looking at this stranger who was eyeing my apartment.

"Nice house,"

"Thanks, but I think you overstayed your visit," I said as I was about to pull her when she said something that stopped me in my track.

"You don't have to pretend with me, Flo," she said as I was stopping in my track. All the vivid memories of my moment with Daniel were out of the gutter. Only one person called me that and it was none other than my then-best-friend-turned-enemy, Celine Lebrun.

"What? You think I could never find out where you have been hiding?" She asked me as she went to take a seat on my sofa. I was still looking at her as she had grown two heads.

No, this cannot be.

Celine Lebrun was one of my best friends in college before she turned psychotic, obsessing over mind control in the human mind that she had done something that I will never forget. She took my thesis statement and made her own as she tested it on her blood.

How sick was that?!

"What, no hugs from my best friend?" She asked me as I was too stunned to move. I gulped as she was looking at her red fingernails.

"Why are you here, Celine? I thought you were in jail," I said as I was keeping my tone neutral. I don't want to raise any suspicion that I was onto her or maybe I don't even trust her, not at all.

"Well, first I wanted to see my best friend—"

"We are not anymore," I interrupted her. She looked at me as she waved her hand dismissively.