Chapter 12

Flora Kent's POV

I went to sit with a stranger that I was not aware of. His moves, his hands, and his face. It was all Danial as far as I was concerned. But his eyes were wrong and his hair was the wrong color.

Do not think about it, Flora. He's playing with your head.

I shook that thought away as the mysterious stranger pulled the chair out for me and I thanked him as I took my seat. He went to the seat beside me on my right as I saw that no one was accompanied by the table.

"Where is everybody?" I asked him as he was looking at the glass, probably wanting some champagne that I managed to knock over him earlier.

"I don't know but I guess the boss was taking care of his wife," he said as he was pulling the napkin onto his well-built thighs I wanted to sit on. Wait, what?

Then, the waiter came and served us dinner. Everyone was chatting with someone else and here I was, sitting with a stranger and eating all that I can have.

"Well, I think it was overdue for me to know your name," he said as he looked at me when he sipped on his wine. His eyes were still hooded by the mask but I can see his hazel eyes.

"Flora, Flora K—I mean Clover," I said as I almost slipped my real name. I did not know this guy was and I was about to give myself out. Don't mess with this cover, Flora! I screamed inside myself as I was smiling at him.

"Daniel, nice to meet you, Flora," he said with his sexy voice that made my panties damped with need.

Needed to be around him.

He held out his hand as I went to take it and shook it. It was all warm and calloused. He has been working out and I think I wanted to know more about him. To get my mind off Danial and stop comparing him to Danial.

Pfft, you wished!

Again, I shook my head as I was smiling at him. He raised his eyebrow at me as he was curious why I was shaking my head off.

"Well, since we have been introduced, can I know who are you?" He asked me as he was putting some grapes inside his mouth. I have been focusing on his delectable mouth that I can barely form a complete sentence.

"Well, I was born and raised in the States. Then, I applied for a job in the IT department at Bianchi's Tech, and here I was," I said as I was putting some cheese into my mouth. It melted and it was better than anything I have in a while.

"So, what about you, Daniel? Are you Daniel with an E or are you just messing with me?" I asked him as I was trying to get him off. He might be Danial Summer for crying out loud. He laughed at my question.

"Why? Do you have anything against Danial?" He asked me as his eyes wrinkled at the end. I blushed. I don't know why but I think I loved it.

"Well, I have some bad history with a certain Danial before I came here," I said as I popped some grapes.

"Well, I can assure you that I will be better Daniel than him, with the E. What was his last name?" He asked as he was looking at me clearly, trying to figure it out.

"Summer. His name is Danial Summer,"

"Well, lucky for me, my surname was Hekatos," he said as he was smiling at me. I smiled back. So, maybe his name was similar but his surname was different from Summer. It was exotic and all I wanted was to know him better.

"Okay, so now that I have known your surname, I can be more at peace," I said as I was chewing some more grapes. He frowned at me.

"Why?"