Chapter 20

Flora Kent's POV

I was not happy right now. Not. At. All.

I was gritting my teeth as I was trying to find one Danial Summer. But all it came up with was that there was no such thing in the government database. Well, in Albania anyway.

"You're not doing it right," Celine said as she was hovering on the computer as I was being trapped with her gun. She was looking at the name as I was sitting quietly. I don't dare to risk myself being the target of the gun right now.

"I have done everything that you asked me. I could not find him here. In this bloody country. Maybe he was out of the country after all. Back in the States," I said as bile was rising onto my throat. I cannot think of anything to ease this.

"You did not search the Europe database?" She asked me as she was trailing her gaze onto me. I shook my head.

"Well, do it now," she said as she shoved me toward the keyboard. My hands were trembling but I kept on hacking the database of Europe. It was hard to get in but I can make it. I know because I have tried before.

"There's nothing on their database either," I said as I was turning to look at Celine. She did not look happy at all. I winced when she was pushing the gun to my head. I was holding my breath as I know how Celine was unstable and I cannot deal with that right now.

She might just pull the trigger and I have one more wish to fulfill.

Someone, please help me, I prayed as I was closing my eyes before someone was knocking down the door and windows of my study. I yelled before I dug under the table, leaving Celine to be exposed to the intruders.

"Celine Lebrun, you're under arrest for assault and threat," the voice called after Celine as she was thrashing around as the gun was knocked from her hands.

"You will never contain me. Do you hear me? Never!" She screamed as she was being dragged away from the scene. I have still trembled under the seat as I was afraid to see the condition of my study room. I think I will never be safe here again.

"Ms. Clover?" The familiar voice that spoke Italian to me for the last few days. I looked up to see that Daniel Hekatos was holding out his hand for me. I was exhaling the breath that I was holding. I went to take his hand before he fished me out of the table.

"Oh, Daniel. I thought...I thought I was gonna die," I said as I was hugging him in the chest. He hushed me in a soothing way that I think was the best thing ever. I was holding tight to him as I was crying and sobbing in his chest.

"Shh. It's over now. I got you," he whispered to me as he was kissing my head. I cried even harder as my heart was beating for Danial Summer right now but all I ever had was Daniel Hekatos. But his stance, his scent, his gesture were all the reminders of Danial when I first looked at the horror movie with him.

"Can we get out of here?" I asked him as I turned to look at his hazel eyes. His jaw clenched before he looked around.

"Let's go," he said as he was pulling me close under his arm as he put the blanket around me and shouted something or at someone. I cannot focus much because I just wanted to get out of here.

"We can stay at my hotel," he said as he was opening the door as I was getting inside his car. I just nodded as I was still traumatic with the experience. I hated Danial Summer for dragging his fiancée and forcing me to get him out of his hiding spot.

But then, I guessed I would never be afraid of Celine being with Danial forever. But, I cannot be with him since I will be married to this hunk of a man, Daniel Hekatos.