Chapter 25

Flora Kent's POV

I just saw my boss coming into the room as he was grinning from ear to ear. He and his wife were greeting Danial's parents as they have known forever. Maybe I was missing something about them.

"Valentino, I did not know that you were here. And Ali as well. How are you, my darling?" Danial's mum said as she was approaching them. Danial cursed under his breath before Val turned to look at him.

"Hello, Flora," he said as he was regarding the wedding bands on both of our hands.

"Ah! I see that I have been right all along. Dear, you owe me 20 bucks," Val said to his wife. She smacked his shoulder playfully that I turned to look at Danial. He was frowning at them.

"Well, this is rather a surprise, Danial. Care to tell me what was going on?" Mr. Summer said as he was regarding everyone in the room. Danial sighed before he guided me to the sofas as well as other of his family.

"Well, since I married Flora, I want her to know that I was related to her boss, Valentino Bianchi, and my stepbrother," he said as I looked at him. He was stern as he was regarding his dad.

"Well, you could just tell her over dinner or something," his stepdad said before Danial held out his hand.

"Yes, I can but I also have come to a decision that I can no longer keep you guys in the dark," he said as he took my hands before he looked at me.

"We have decided to work and live in Albania for good," he said.

"What?! No, that was unaccepted, Danial. You must come home immediately. I was about to retire," his stepdad barked at him before Danial turned sharply at him.

"I'm sure you have someone else to do the job for you," Danial said with his eyes narrowed at his stepdad. I did not like what was going on right now. Was Danial trying to cut his ties with his family?

"Love, why don't you take a deep breath before speaking?" I whispered to him as Danial turned to look at me. His eyes softened as he noticed that I was asking him to calm down. He drew a sigh.

"Danial Summer, I wanted you to go back to the USA so that you can handle the company. It was due time for me and your mother—"

"I don't wish to be the CEO of the Summer Empire. You know I would do anything for you, dad, but this responsibility was too big for me. And I wish to live a simple life after all," my husband said as he squeezed my hand. I returned the favor to him.

"Well, who will be doing the job then?" My father asked before Val cleared his throat.

"Can we talk for a second, dad? In private," Val said as he motioned the old man to the study room that I don't know he knew. Maybe he has been here longer than I was.

"So, shall I make some tea?" Danial's mum said before standing up. I went to help him.

"Here, Iris. I think you might need to sit down for a while. Val would be longer than usual," Danial regarded his stepsister-in-law. She thanked him as they went to chat. I was in the kitchen as I was pulling some cups and a teapot.

"He's good, you know?" His mother said as she was looking at me. I smiled at her.

"Well, he is. Otherwise, I would have not fallen in love with him," I said as I was arranging some cookies and crackers to be indulged with the tea. His mother laughed at my statement.

"How so?"

"Well, he loves to help people and he cares about them. I saw it ever since I was in college with him. He's friendly and helpful. Not everyone can be like him," I said as I was regarding my husband when they were laughing at something.