Chapter 8

Danial Summer's POV

Damnation.

I know that I should be angry and frustrated but now that I saw my lover's name has been changed into something else, all I ever see was red.

Did she get married? Who was her husband? I will kill him with my bare hands.

I sighed before I rubbed my face with my hands. No, I needed to calm down. There must be an explanation for all of this. And not to mention my Clean Slate project was gone. I smiled as I would have a guess where it ended up with.

I went to pick up my phone and called my friend, Valentino Bianchi. He was one of the top companies in the IT and network security as well as PI firm. It would be a shame if he did not know anything at all. And he currently lived in Albania.

Which made perfect sense since my Flora went to Albania after disappearing for 5 months.

"Hello?" Val answered in Italian as I rolled my eyes at him.

"You can stop with the act now. It's only me," I said as I was walking back and forth of my room. He chuckled as it was a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Ah, yes. Danial, how are you?" He asked me as I gritted my teeth.

"Don't call me that," I said.

"What? Danial? Oh, I forgot. You hate it when people call you that," he said as he chuckled at his joke.

"Only one person can call me that," I mumbled before I cleared my throat.

"Look, I have been looking around and I think I have found the answer for the favor that I asked you," I said as I was looking at the window. The city lights were shining but right now, all I can think about was Flora and how her deceit left me wanting her more.

Damn her!

"Well, good to hear that. So, you don't want my service anymore?" He asked me as he knew what I wanted from him as I was calling.

"Well, actually I was hoping that you will help me with something else, not the hacking problem anymore since I still got the skills that I was meant to have," I said as I was sitting back on my chair as I looked at Flora's new identity. I smirked at the thoughts that were running inside my head.

"So, what is it that you want this time?" Val asked me as I was tapping my finger on the table.

"I need citizenship for Albania. I wanted you to be discreet as I don't want anyone to know that I was landing in and out of the country," I said as I was typing away on my computer. Val was doing the same thing as I can hear the keyboards were being typed on.

"Oh, something that I should know why you wanted it like that?"

"It's better if I was the only one that knows about this and I think you already know why," I said through my gritted teeth. Val just laughed at me.

"Very well, as you wish, Danial," he said as he was mocking me.

"Say that one more time and you know what will come your way is because you provoke me," I said as I was trying to control my anger. He laughed. Fucking bastard!

"Okay, I see you then, Danial," he said and before I can spit at him, he hung up.

Damn him and his conceited self. I sighed before I put my phone on the table as I looked at Flora's new citizenship while maintaining her US citizenship.

Two can play at this game, my love.

After that call, I already received the confirmation email and the status of my citizenship was pending. But I would not push my luck just yet. I have some other matters to be done with as well.