Chapter 19

Flora Kent's POV

I should haven't cared when Celine said that she was betrothed to Danial Summer. I shouldn't have those feelings lurking in the shadow, wanting to get out and gave her a piece of my mind that Danial Summer was mine.

Was. Because I have lost him and I would never find him again.

And because the fact that I was betrothed to Daniel Hekatos, a mere stranger that I met in Albania and will be getting away from my past was the key to my happiness.

If only that was so easy to accomplish.

Instead, I was sighing when I was tempted to call Danial. I wanted to tell him that I missed him and I have been waiting for him to come to get me. Maybe hacked into my new identity and claimed me.

Only he did not. Damn him!

I was looking at his profile and identity when he landed in Albania. I have been keeping track of where he was. I wondered if he did the same to me. He was a good hacker, I gave him that but he never did something horrible with that skill of his.

'Someone could get hurt,' was his go-to motto whenever we might be doing something dangerous in the past. When I was in his sight and nothing else mattered.

But it has changed and I think I made that change upon us.

I clicked to close the tab as I was feeling the strain in my eyes. It has been a hellish day as Celine came to visit and I was looking at some of the emails before I decided to write to Val.

He said that I can write anything to him as he was being a big brother that I never had. I liked him a lot and his wife was very nice. I might be going to visit them one of these days.

But not tonight, I was so tired that I was slouching in front of my computer as I was waiting for something to happen.

Anything!

Then, it was 11 PM and I was yawning like a madwoman. I was too tired to think of anything else. I looked at the glistening emerald stone that was shining on my left hand. His claim, Daniel Hekatos' claim.

Not Danial Summer.

Gosh, even their name was the same pronunciation. I cannot think that I would fall for someone with the same name as my ex. Was I proud of it? Of course not! It would only add more fire to my yearning for Danial Summer and Daniel Hekatos was not the person that I wanted to move on with.

Gosh, what was wrong with me?!

I was ready to move on with Daniel but with the thought of Celine being in the arms of my former lover, I might have to kill somebody tonight. I was gripping the mouse too tightly as I was typing away some of the raw expressions that I can conjure up right now. I wanted to tell someone and that some were Valentino Bianchi, my damn boss.

Officially, my life was ruined. I let my boss know that I was infatuated with someone and yet still angry at them. I was not the same poised, good girl back in the States. I was a new, reborn Flora Clover, the hacker and IT engineer of Bianchi's Tech.

I sighed before I closed the email as I just saved it as a draft. I don't know why I don't bother to delete it. Maybe I will in the future but for now, I will be saving it and I will read it whenever I felt furious about a certain someone. And maybe added some other things about him as well.

I went to shut down the computer as I was making my way out of my study room. I wanted to make some light dinner but I think that would be a waste of time. Instead, I made some tea to calm my nerves and maybe help me sleep better.

I went to the kitchen as I put my electric kettle on. I was pulling some green tea bags from the cabinet when I felt the hairs on my nape was standing up. I can sense that I was not alone and I think I might not be safe in this house anymore. I was about to turn before I felt something cold against my neck.