Chapter 6

Danial Summer's POV

I was sighing big time as I was looking up the search for Flora Kent. I did not find a thing as I was looking into the government database. It was as if she did not exist or maybe she was in hiding. I cannot believe she ignored me for 5 months and just turned up in my apartment like that.

Like hell, I would let you disappear again on me.

I just got off the phone with Adam as Fauna, his wife, asked me to look for her. It has been a week since they saw her at their parents' house. It seemed that Flora was declaring to get out of there.

I sighed as I remembered her when she broke into my apartment and at that time when she was in disguise at the bar. She wore a red hair wig, which I thought looked good on her. But I would prefer brown hair on her head.

Not that I have a say in any of that, I was a red hair myself.

I was typing again on the computer as I was still searching for her. After 5 months of ghosting me and her sudden disappearance, I cannot take it anymore. I know that her sudden appearance in my house was a clue. A clue that she was saying goodbye in the kiss that we shared back at the abandoned alley.

I should have known but I was too dumb to make a move or anything in that matter. I always wonder why she did this to me. Why disappeared on me and have nothing to say to me?

I sighed again as I was locating the last time she was in America. She did go to work as I would presume after we shared that passion sex in the afternoon and that was it. The first clue was that she was going to be a recluse.

Holy shit!

I just realized what happened at that time. We had an argument with her asking me to go away with her. To get away. To elope.

Stupid!

Idiot!

Foolish!

Why can't I see these signs? She was asking to marry her and I was dumb enough to get through and now I know that she was gone, forever. I have to do something. I have to make a move. I needed to use my resources and only one man knows how to find a missing person, or in this case a ghost.

"Hello?" Someone answered the phone. Female. Hmm, that's odd.

"Hi, hello. Sorry, is this Valentino Bianchi?" I asked her as I know full well that she was not a male.

"Hold on," she replied before she was answering in a foreign language. I don't know what she was talking about but I was guessing, Russian? Or maybe something else because it was not sound so harsh like Germanic languages.

"Hello? Valentino's speaking,"

"Hello, Val. Remember me?" I asked him as I was gripping the phone. He was silent for a while before speaking.

"Danny?" He asked. I sighed.

"Well, hello, how are you? It's been a long time since I called," I said as I was trying to speak with him. He was silent before he cleared his throat.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking,"

"Well, listen, I need a favor," I said as I went to the point already.

"Straight forward as I remember, it seems that you have not changed at all," he replied as he chuckled in that phone.

"Well, what can I say? Being in this business made me a little...cranky than normal," I replied as I was chuckling as well.

"Well, it's good to hear you, bro," he said as he was typing something.

"Are you busy right now?" I asked him as I don't know if he was busy with his work. He owned one of the biggest PI firms in the world, among other stuff that he can do. And he was just 25 years old. I did not have that much when I was that age.