Chapter 4

Flora Kent's POV

I waved goodbye to Danial after I kissed him. He winked at me before he sped off. He stopped a few blocks away from my parents' house as I walked toward them. I was in a happy mood as I just spent my first night with my long first love.

I was giddy and happy until I was in the painting room where my mum and dad have terrible news to tell me.

"You're engaged," my mum said as she was smiling at me. I was sitting in front of them. They did not ask me where I was last night as they might think I crashed at Fauna. She stayed at one of the condos that my parents had and I was always there with her.

"What do you mean?" I asked them. They laughed before my mum smiled at me.

"You're engaged as in you have someone for you to marry. He was the son of our best friends and partner of the company. His name is Adam Florenz," my mum said as my mouth went dry.

"So, is that mean—"

"You're getting married in 6 months. They will see you 2 weeks before the wedding and I think you will instantly be in love with him. Adam is a great guy," my mum said as I was trying to swallow my saliva that got stuck in my throat.

Oh My God!

I was engaged!

And I just know about it!

I took the tea as I was sipping on it. It was nice and calmed my nerves. I cannot do it but the look on my mum's face means that I have no opinion on this matter. They have been planning it since we were kids and I don't think that I would be the chosen one.

"What about Fauna?" I asked my parents. My mum frowned. She always did that when I mentioned my sister.

"What about her?"

"Is she engaged as well?" I asked her before my mum laughed. My dad was silent as I knew that he loved Fauna liked he loved me.

Unlike mum, playing favorite.

"Well, Fauna can find her own. She was rebellious in this matter," mum said.

"What about me then?" I asked her. She arched her eyebrow at me.

"What about you?"

"Do you expect me to agree just like that?" I said as I was straightening my back to look at her. Mum just sipped on her tea as she put it down slowly.

"You will do as I say, Flora. It's for your good," my mum said as she looked at me. I was about to say something before dad interfered.

"Enough. We will let you think about it, dear," Dad said before he looked at my mum. She shut up immediately as I was sighing under my breath.

"I have to go now. I still have so many things to be done," I said as I took my handbag and was about to leave.

"But you just got here,"

"I have coding to do, mum. Cybercrime does not stop these days," I said as I went out of the painting room. I was holding my tear as I fished for my phone in the handbag. I called the only person that I knew who can make this all away. I called Danial.

"Hello?" God, even his voice was husky than ever.

"Can you pick me?" I said as I was trying to hold my sob.

"Flora, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just...I just wanted to see you," I said. There was a silence before he replied to me.

"Okay, I will be there in 10," he said before he hung up.

I was waiting at my usual spot as the familiar sleek Lamborghini was stopping in front of me. I opened the door before I got inside. Danial did not say much as he sped off from the neighborhood.