Chapter 23

Flora Kent's POV

After we headed out of the court, it was afternoon and I think my stomach was growling that Danial just smirked at me. So much for being a doting husband after a few hours of being married to him.

"Oh, come on, cara. I was just joking and I think I might have been starving you last night. That's why you wanted to eat so much," he said as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever you say, my love," I said as he was kissing our entangled hands and putting them on his thigh. The muscular thigh that I have known last night and 5 years and counting now.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked me as I was looking at the couple who were eating at a local restaurant. I wondered what will he do if we were out in the public. Danial was not a very affectionate person when it came to PDA. Maybe I have to get him jealous so that he will be possessive of me.

"Cara, if you don't answer my question, I have to get it out of you," he said as he was rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. I chuckled before I was thinking some spicy food would do us good right now.

"How about Italian?"

"All of the other options, you wanted Italian," Danial said as he drove off from the traffic lights. We were heading toward the unknown chart of territory. I looked at him. I thought he never came here.

"My father traveled here when we were young. I have been exposed to this country ever since I was little and yes, we have some properties here as well," he replied like he knew what I was thinking right now.

"Well, I never asked that,"

"I can see it on your face, I know you, my love," he said before he took a parking spot and got out of the car. I waited for him as he always wanted to open the door for me, so I let him.

"Why thank you, my fair gentleman," I said as I went to perk his lips. His eyes instantly darkened with desire.

"Tonight, I will show you how gentleman I am," he replied as he closed the door and put his hand on my lower back as we went inside the restaurant.

"I look forward to that, my love," I whispered to him as his hand tightened around me. I laughed before we were greeted by the host.

"Name?" The host asked us and I was looking at Danial.

"Kent," he replied. Huh, that was weird. Why would he use my surname to get the table?

"Right this way," the host said before he went to show us the empty table before we took our seats. Danial pulled out the chair and I thanked him before he sat next to me. I thought he might want to sit in front of me.

"Danny!" A voice called after my husband. We turned to look at 2 people that were making their way toward us. I cannot see who it was because Danial blocked it with his body before he hugged one of them.

Then, I saw who they were.

It was my sister, Fauna, and her husband, Adam. What were they doing here? I thought Fauna was pregnant that she cannot travel anymore. But I guessed the rumor was not true then.

"Sister," Fauna's voice snapped me out of my thought before I stood up in front of her. She had been lovelier ever since she married my supposed betrothed. But that was for another story.

"Fauna, how are you?" I asked her before she hugged me. I was taken back as I don't know what to do in that situation but patted her back.

"I have been worried. You were not on the grid and I know how much you love to throw mum and dad off," she said as I was still on my foot. I can see that she was very worried because her eyes were full of said emotions.