Chapter 5

5 months later...

Flora Kent's POV

I have been a recluse for almost 5 months. Can you believe that? 5 fucking months. I have been busy and I have been ignoring Danial's calls and emails. I also have not gone out in like forever, which was a dumb idea but also effective to see if Danial was what he claimed him to be.

I have been doing some inside work myself as I was doing some coding and having it as a secret felt wrong with me. I was trying to make sure that everything will be according to the plan.

I have gone do something stupid as well. I broke into Danial's house after I heard the news that my sister was gone and got kidnapped. I also had met my parents and I think I have been straightforward with my status and her relationship will not be affected.

I wanted to get out of the good girl attitude so bad that I have done some hacking into the government system that allowed me to get residency in Albania. They were not happy with it but they think that if someone could break into their security system, then they must be worth a lot more.

So, I have accepted a job in Albania as the chief of security for a private firm that controlled the government system. And the good thing was I speak Italian as well, which was a bonus I might add.

I have gone out of the country the night I went to meet my parents. I have a private jet standby for me and I flew out to Albania. It was the first moment when I felt that I was free.

Free from responsibility.

Free from being a burden.

Free to be me.

Free of unrequited love.

Or I said so myself. I have been trying to forget Danial but I think it just made me the thought of him more.

His smooth skin against mine.

His kisses and moans.

His gaze into my eyes.

I sighed as I was looking at the gorgeous mountain tops that were covered with snow. I was smiling despite the chills that I was having inside the car as we were driving to my rented house. The company handled it all. All I have to do was work for them.

"Have you been here, miss?" My driver asked me in Italian as I was staring out the window.

"Well, this is the first time but I always have been dreaming to come here," I said as I was smiling.

"Well, your dream was true then," he laughed. I smiled.

"Well, I hope it will last,"

"Certainly, with that wicked skills of yours, you are one of the demands that Albania needs," he said as he parked the car in front of the house that was 2 stories. I got out as he opened the door. Then I was looking around. It was a quiet neighborhood.

Perfect.

"Here's your luggage, ma'am," he said as he put it down and gave it to me.

"Thank you," I said as he gave me the keys to the house as well.

"The housekeeper will come on Thursday every week. It has all the things that you need, just as you requested and I hope you will enjoy your stay," he said as he was looking at me. I smiled at him.

"Well, it was a new day, new life, new job. Thank you. I will see myself in," I said as I nodded my head to the driver. He nodded.

"Have a good evening miss," he said as he got inside the car.

"You too," I said as I was wheeling my luggage to the front door before I inserted the keys into the keyhole. I opened the door as it creaked. It sounded like it was old. I shrugged. The quaint, the better.