Chapter 14

Danial Summer's POV

I was frustrated. I don't know why but Val has been making some changes in my life. First, Adam and then him. Damn it. I should have done anything about it but I was too chicken out to do anything. And besides, I liked it when Flora was concerned. My phone rang as I was driving in the car after I had my lunch. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked as I knew it would be either Val or Adam that would be calling me.

"You sonofabitch," Val said as I was frowning at his enthusiasm. What was he so happy about?

"Well, hello to you too," I said as I was getting into the traffic of Tirana. It was not yet rush hour but I was hoping that I could make a few stops before I headed to his house. I have to get some supplies anyway.

"So, how did it go?" He asked me. I scoffed at him as he just asked me a question but I was too busy to do some list on my mind.

"What do you mean? I just went out for lunch. Nothing was happening," I said as I can hear the amusement in his smile.

"Yeah, right. Some little birdie told me that you kissed someone today,"

"None of your business," I said as I was parking the car in front of the supermarket where I wanted to buy some stuff.

"So, how's your seduction was going?" He asked me as I was running down aisle after aisle as I was looking for the products that I needed.

"Fuck off. I don't need to tell you anything," I said as I took some personal care products and went to the cashier to check out.

"Okay, I think I have my answer then," he said as I was rubbing my temple.

"Shut it, Val. I need to do this by myself," I said as I was moving up the line. There was an older woman in front of me that was buying a lot of booze.

Grandma did not stop drinking.

"Well, I hope you will come back already. We missed you. Iris has been talking about you when you will come back. She's kind of like going all motherly for you," he said that I chuckled at his statement.

"Well, you can never let her go again after she had your child," I said as the cashier was scanning my items.

"That would be 30 euros," he said in Italian as I was paying with my credit card. I thanked him before I went out of the supermarket and headed for my car.

"Well, I will stay at the hotel tonight. I need to do some more digging on Flora Kent," I said as Val was laughing at me.

"You're joking, right?" He asked me. I sighed as I went into the driver's seat.

"No, because her sister will be calling me and in case you forget her brother-in-law was a fucking Interpol agent," I said before I heard him chuckle.

"Well, good luck to you,"

"Thanks, I might need that tonight," I said before I hung up and started the ignition. The car was humming before I went out of the park and went to the hotel that I have reserved for 2 weeks of my stay. But I would usually go back and forth with the hotel and Val's mansion for my sleep.

Hoping tonight I will be having some sleep without thinking about that little kitten.

I went through the lobby as I handed the keys to my car to the valet. I was having some headaches before I went to the room.

I was inside the elevator as I was holding the groceries that I just bought. Some couples were looking at me strangely but I don't mind them. I was putting on my bitch face before I went out on my floor.