Chapter 13

Flora Kent's POV

I have been dreaming about this moment. Well, except I just met this guy last night, and right now, I was seating in front of him in the most exclusive restaurant in Tirana. I cannot believe that I got the chance to get inside here. It took Daniel to be a special guest to even get the reservation because they would always be full.

"So, what do you want to eat for today?" He asked me as he was looking at the menu. I was so distracted by the way the lights were catching his black hair as they were shining. I can see some tinge of orange in them.

Huh.

I went to look at his eyes. They were intense, sure, but their hazel color was kind of odd. It was like he was wearing contact but maybe it was all my imagination.

"Hmm, I don't know what I want. I never had Albanian food but I do know my Italian food like the back of my hand," I said as I was putting the menu down and looked at him. He chuckled before he signed the waiter.

"Do you trust me?" He asked me as he raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled at him.

"Well, I did go out for a luncheon with you so I think my action speaks volumes when it comes to you," I said as I was tucking my hair behind my ear. He smirked before he ordered lunch. I guessed he has more experience when he seemed to know what he said to that waiter. After the waiter disappeared, he turned to look at me.

"So," he started.

"So, what now?" I asked as I was looking at him. He laughed before I smiled at him as well.

"Well, I did not plan this date. I mean I never date ever. Well, except a couple of times of going out with my girlfriend—"

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked him in horror as I don't want to be facing his angry girlfriend if she ever found out.

"Ex. She dumped my ass as I wanted to please her," he said as he was playing with the edge of the glass that he was holding. He looked sad and broken. I wished I know how to erase that memory of her in his mind.

"I'm sorry," I said as I took his hand into mine. He smiled weakly before he squeezed my hand.

"Well, I did not. I'm glad. Now that I have been spending some time with you," he said as his hazel eyes were looking at me. I cannot see any emotion in them as they were just dark. And I think I liked that I was the reason he was feeling this way.

"Here we go," the waiter said as he put the lunch in front of us. I went to release his hand before he pulled it and kissed my knuckles. His kisses left a trail of fire on my body and went straight to my core.

I was breathing heavily for a second before he smirked at me. He motioned for me to eat and I did. I was so happy and safe in his presence. Like he was for me and I wished we would become more than friends after this.

"How's the food?" He asked me as he was putting some pesto pasta into his mouth. I was looking at my lasagna and took a bite. It was nice and I think I loved every second of it.

"It was nice and I think I loved it," I said as I was laughing at myself. I was such a mess. I'm sure he might be disgusted by me right now.

"Well, I'm glad. I don't know what you'd like and I went with the best menu here," he said as he was looking at me. His hazel eyes were staring at me and I felt like I was being undressed by him.

"Daniel," I said as my breath was coming short.

"Hmm?"

"Do you mind not staring at me? It's kind of unnerving. Not that I don't like it, it's just—we're in the public," I whispered the last part as a blush crept to my face. He chuckled before I looked at him.