6 - Oliver Taylor

I'm not sure what I'm doing. Why would I invite a woman over to my house?

A woman with no memory at that. All I know is that I like watching her.

The whole night I was taking care of her in the hospital, I only watched her angelic face. I like what I saw, and I like what I'm learning about her. She's like a newly-opened book.

I've been with women before, but this kind of attraction is new to me. It's not sizzling, but there's definitely a pull. A soft, gentle one. Like a caress. Damn, Oliver. Since when did you become a poet? I scrubbed a hand over my face as we entered the house.

Cara and the kids were waiting, and they welcomed Lee like an old family member.

I watched them silently, still mesmerized by Lee's unique beauty. I already admitted to myself that yes, I like her. When I saw her injuries at the hospital, I found myself becoming overprotective of her. I want to take care of her. I want to be sure that no harm will come to her. Which is why I insisted that she stays with me while she recuperates from her injuries. I'm so glad she agreed, even if reluctantly.

"You have a really nice house, and a huge one. You live here with your family?" Lee commented when the kids backed off from her. Her tone is wistful.

"No, I live here alone. They visit sometimes. The kids stay when Christan asks me to take care of them from time to time."

"You? Alone in this big house?" I winced at her expression, she seemed to think it's wasteful. She stared at the façade of my mansion.

"How many rooms do you have? Six to eight, give or take?" She asked.

"Seven, actually." Her guess was right in the middle.

"I'm guessing you have a housekeeper?" She asked as I led the way inside. I showed her the living room, pointed the kitchen and dining area.

"Yes. They're prepping dinner now. Upstairs is my bedroom, three guestrooms. Three rooms down here are usually occupied by my family when they visit."

"I'm guessing I'll take one of the guestrooms?" She asked tentatively.

"Of course, there's still a couple of hours before dinner. Would you like to take a nap?" I walked towards the stairs. She followed after looking around the first floor.

I opened the nearest guestroom and beckoned her inside. I went ahead to open the veranda. From what she displayed in the car earlier, she appreciates nature. She has a green view from up here, trees and a field. As I expected, she only dropped her bag on the bed before striding to the balcony.

"Wow, great view." She inhaled deeply and grinned at me. "Smells like grass, I like it."

"Glad you like it. You can stay here and rest. I'll call you when dinner's ready. Or you can loiter downstairs if you feel bored up here."

She smiled sweetly before whispering a "Thank you."

When I closed her door, I saw her looking over the trees.

When I called her for dinner, she didn't answer. She didn't lock her door, so I looked inside her room. She was sleeping soundly. I decided to let her sleep longer. She needs her rest.