12 - Oliver Taylor

I gathered my things at quarter to ten. I decided to take a rest. I like watching Lee. I wasn't kidding when I told her I can't concentrate at work. I missed her, and I was terribly distracted the whole time. I was debating whether I should visit her at work or not. Eventually visiting her wins out. And I made the right call on that. As soon as I saw her, I relaxed. I was also able to focus on my work. Talk about productivity. This would be a huge change in my routine, though, if this persists.

The staff have started closing windows and curtains. I can see what Lee calls efficient. At exactly ten, everyone's prepared to go out.

I stood up to go with Lee.

They bid goodbye to each other. Aya even hugged Lee.

I saw Lee frowning at my car. I stowed my bag and jacket at the trunk.

"Should we go?" I asked, ready for a short walk.

She sighed. "Let's take your car. It would be bad if you get mugged on your walk back." See, I knew she's concerned about me.

"I'll park it near your apartment next time, so we can take that walk you like so much." I opened the door for her. She raised an eyebrow, "Next time, huh?" I only gave her a smile as I walked to the driver's side. It was a short drive. Barely two minutes.

"I guess you can park it right here. I'll invite you inside, but it's tiny. I'm not sure you will fit." She joked, though I can't tell if she's serious. Some jokes are half-meant.

"I'd like to see if you don't mind. I can always make myself smaller." We left my car as we walked to her door.

She opened her door and directed me to sit on her bed. No chair. It's basically a one-room apartment with a bathroom on the corner. It's neat, though. She was waiting for my verdict; I can tell by the way she's watching me.

"You have a very neat place." Sometimes I tend to focus on the good things. She grinned.

"I'm just glad you didn't hit the ceiling." She laughed before stuffing her bag under a mini-table. "Would you like some coffee? I just have coffee and biscuits here. You already ate, so I won't be offering my instant noodles to you."

She started heating some water on an electric kettle. Then she took out two ceramic cups. I only watched her, comfortable in her own place. I know it would freak her out if I ask to stay the night, so I didn't. Her bed's only for one person.

"I'm glad you invited me in. I don't want you to think I'm intruding."

She shrugged. "I already invaded your house. I'm thinking I should at least reciprocate. But here you are, that's the end of the tour Mr. Taylor." I smiled back at her. She was dizzy when I took her on a tour of my house last time. I only have to look around to see everything on hers.

"Don't you think I'm getting too personal with you?" I asked in a serious, but gentle tone.

"What do you mean?"

I shrugged, not sure with what I said either. "Me coming here with you."
It's her turn to shrug. "I think the most personal you can get is knowing I have amnesia, and you already know that."

"If your friend didn't tell me, would you have told me?"

"You would have noticed anyway, then you will have to ask. And then, I'll have to answer." She poured hot water on the cups, then added the instant coffee mix. She stirred both cups, then pushed one near me. She sat on the other side of the table, leaning on the wall. I decided to sit down as well, leaning on her bed.

We just stared at each other as we finished our coffees. I noticed her closing her eyes for minutes at a time. I decided it's time to go so she could sleep properly.

I stood up, but she didn't seem to notice. I leaned closer to her to wake her up. I touched her cheeks. She opened her eyes, then.

"I'll go now. You should sleep properly on the bed. Come, lock the door." She didn't say anything but she followed me out the door.

"Go inside. Lock the door." She only stared at me.

"Drive safely."

"I will. Go inside now." She did and I heard the click of the lock.

As it turns out, I really can't concentrate on the office. The next few days, I worked at the restaurant. There's something assuring about seeing Lee around. I'll be damned, I know. If I don't get over this obsession, I'll have to make sure she's mine.