76 - Oliver Taylor

I can tell she's troubled. She seems to be playing with the food instead of happily chomping like she used to.

"You can just say it." I simply stated as I continued to eat. Both of us sitting on the ground, the foods laid out in the sofa set's mini table. This was like how we ate at her former apartment.

"I have some documents you need to sign." She really did.

"You can just give them to me. I'll sign them. What are they about?" I don't need to read it if she can just give me an overview.

"Properties I used to own, that I was planning on giving to my brothers. We married before I could make the transfer. They're conjugal property now."

"Ah, that. I understand. I'd say you can do whatever and I'll support you." I didn't realize she's fretting over this. It's not like money is an issue between us.

"Eric, my lawyer, also wanted you to sign the revised ownership titles of all the other properties."

"That's no problem. Would he visit or would you like me to visit him?" I can't tell what her concern really is.

"You did the same for me. Eric already has copies of the revised ownership of our properties." I informed her. Her eyes grew big as she heard the information.

"Really?"

"Really." She hesitated some more. I stood up to sit next to her. I gestured that she can go on.

"I was told I haven't discussed with you my property portfolio?"

I paused. Right, her property portfolio. She gave me a copy, but I haven't gone over it. Suddenly, I felt like cold water was being poured to me. I understand that she's Henry's granddaughter, sister to Alex, Axel and Allen, but... I've never really considered how much wealth she has.

"You want to discuss it?" I can already tell that she probably has more than I do, and that's what making her uncertain. I took her hand and held it. I readied myself.

"To be honest, I'll probably be intimidated. But since I know you, and both of us really don't care about money or wealth, I could care less. You can freely talk about it."

We stared at each other.

She took out her laptop sitting on the sofa, opened a few files and showed them to me one by one. Her rundown went something like: these are my bank accounts, my shareholdings in various companies (the list was quite long), real estate properties, organizations I've setup (non-earning), annual expenditures on various groups (mostly compensation for random jobs related to her cases), and the properties she set aside for her brothers. I didn't dare look at the figures, but I still got a glimpse of them.

"Are you fine with sharing these with me? We can still execute a contract that's like a prenup. We'll just have to pay the transfer taxes." I slowly told her. She laughed a little.

"It's fine. I don't mind sharing them with you. Really. It's more like... if you need to use them, feel free to do it."

"Use them?" I asked stupidly. I went to scroll through the file again.

"The share holdings are quite significant. If a company listed here is bothering you, you can throw some weight around."

I can only stare at her.

"Or you let me do the investigation, surveillance and whatnot, so I feel like I'm still working on cases, then I can throw some weight around."

I get it now.

"You want my permission so you can do it?"

Her amazed expression is cute. She nodded.

"Go ahead. Feel free to do it." I pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"But I need you to give me information. Whenever you hear rumors, or whenever there's a problem, you have to inform me immediately so I can do my job."

I stared at her face.

"A private investigator for Taylor Industries?"

"I like it." Her expression suddenly became bright.

I just remembered that there's something else we need to talk about.

"What is it?" I guess her appetite's back as she eats enthusiastically.

"The board asked me earlier about our relationship. I told them we'll make an announcement tomorrow. What did Gerry and Mike say?"

"They agreed that it's quite safe now for me to resume a civilian identity."

"So, we can make an announcement tomorrow?" I had to confirm.

"Yes." She took a piece of chicken meat and offered it to me. I obliged.

"I should tell Charles to prepare it." I pulled my phone from my suit pocket. She ate while I made the arrangements with Charles.