78 - Oliver Taylor

"You handled that well." I commented. I forgot to mention to her some of her friends.

She shrugged while smiling, looking at Elian. "He's really like my brothers."

"Aside from Elian, there's Gary and Marlon at Tracy's. And the others..." I decided to give her the information now that it's still fresh. I told her about her other friends and how their interactions were.

Two of the company's directors approached us near the end of lunch break to congratulate us. I was right, the way they look at Lee is very different. It was as if she's a completely different person. Well, they knew her before as Lee Smith, but now she's Leandra Sanders.

"I heard a lot of gifts are being sent. The lobby almost turned to a show room." Yale joked.

"I have majority shareholdings in most companies. They're probably just showing their good will." Lee responded to the question, smiling. I noticed their expression of shock for two seconds before they recovered.

"Majority...?" Foster coughed to cut of Yale's question. Yes, it was quite rude to ask that, especially when they're not even close. I understand his joke now. He probably thought that those were sent for me, but it turns out it's because of Lee.

When we came down to the lobby after five o'clock, we realized the showroom comparison is accurate. We both stared in shock, along with the other employees who clocked out.

"Should we raffle them off?" Lee whispered on my side.

"That doesn't show our appreciation, no?"

"I still have to check them one by one, though." I gave her a questioning look, to which she responded by pointing to her mouth and ears. Ah, bugs.

"Do you think anyone would dare?" I can't help asking.

"Better safe than sorry has always been my motto."

Some of the passing employees still congratulated the two of us, as we try to think of ways on how we can move everything.

I suddenly saw her smiling again.

"What did you think?"

"I can get my racers to fetch them and stock them at their place for storage. After I check them, we can move what we actually need to our houses?"

"Racers?" I asked.

"I own a racetrack. It's being maintained out of my estate."

I grinned down at her.

"Need help? Have I mentioned I have a racetrack as well?"

Her surprised expression is cute. "Have we ever raced against each other?"

I dropped my grin. "Let's not."

"But it would be so cool. Let's see who's faster." She continued. I pulled an annoyed face. She laughed then, clearly teasing me.

"I only have five racers in my team, though. They won't be enough, right?"

"Seeing the size of some of these, we should hire some trucks." I added at her comment.

Charles came in at that point. He's catching his breathe.

"What should I do with these gifts?" He asked as he stood beside us.

"Leave them here for now. I'll talk to my team if they can hire some trucks they can drive." Lee responded.

"I'll do the same."

"Some companies sent multiple gifts." Charles noted. You can clearly see company names on gift tags or on the wrapper itself.

"You should go home, too. You look terribly exhausted." Lee commented on Charles' appearance. I nodded when Charles turned to me.

"Thank you. Is there anything else I should do? Do you have instructions?" He just had to ask.

"Drive safely?" Lee turned to me, with an eyebrow raised.

"Drive safely. Eat well. Get enough sleep." I added for good measure.

"Ah, yes." Charles do look out of it.

When Charles ran to the elevator to pick his things up from the office, I led Lee towards the parking area.

"Right. You mentioned about giving Charles a month-long vacation? That was the excuse when you made me your extra assistant, right?"
"Yes." I hesitated. Right now, no one could really replace Charles. Lee must have noticed.

"I'll see if I can be a sub. I'm a fast learner, and with nothing much to do, I'm sure I'll do the job well. We always hustle."

"I thought you already agreed to be a director?"

"It's not much work, right? I can be both."

"Do you think you can adjust with the workload?" I still worried. She hasn't worked so hard in the last months. I paused. She stopped walking as well and frowned at me.

I smiled at her. She did work hard.

"Sure. My brain tells me I've been working on cases the last few months. This would be like going undercover as someone's secretary, no?"

I agreed with her reasoning.