80 - Oliver Taylor

This kind of Lee is new to me, but she has her own set of charms like this. After we adjusted to each other, we pretty much acted like before: formal while working in the company, informal when together at home or when there's only two of us.

Sometimes I still wonder if she truly forgot the last two years. I felt like it makes no sense for her to actually like me in a short amount of time, especially since she's kind of dropped into a situation where she suddenly has a husband. I expected some resistance from her.

"Gerry's words made sense at the time, and I trust Gerry. If I married you and decided not to return to work with them, there must be a reason. Didn't you say we started dating just a week after we met?" She stated when I shared my thoughts with her.

I was only stunned for a second before I smiled at her. "There is that. I almost forgot. Maybe I'm just afraid that you would suddenly distance yourself from me, given the circumstances." I was being honest.

She paused while thinking. After she mentioned her habit of her "thinking-posture", I started noticing it. When we're discussing things in my study, she would usually sit on the side of my table, lifting a foot up and propping it on a nearby chair.

"The deciding factor would have been the fact that we're married. If we weren't, I wouldn't have given you a chance, not even a bit." She related this to me in all seriousness.

"If that was the case, then, is there nothing I could've done to convince you?"
She stared at me. "Yes, nothing. I promised never to marry. I'm averse to men in general. Even in the bureau, I always kept a certain distance from my colleagues."

"What made you take exception with me? Aside from what you already said?"

"Nothing, really. It's just that. The fact that I already married you."

"I thought you would suggest divorce." I remember her saying that thought aloud when she recovered her memories before.

"Gerry said I already decided to leave the bureau, instead of leaving you for the bureau. I'll just wait for the memories to return. Do you feel uncomfortable?" She raised an eyebrow at that.

"In a way, I guess. You're not that different from what I've come to know about you initially. Just more tough, more intelligent, but just as perceptive and caring of people. You're also very helpful. You used to bother Charles a lot."

"Did it bother you that I'm somewhat slow back then?"

"Not really. I didn't love you just because I expected you to help me. I love you for the simple reason that you make me happy with the simplest things. You can make me feel good by doing anything. Even when you come to me with your problems, I feel good knowing you rely on me. Simply put, you're the light in my world."

"You're a poet, Mr. Taylor."

"Come here." I always feel warm inside when she comes to me whenever I call her.