32 - Oliver Taylor

She really looked like she's ready to cry. Have I seen her cry before? I tried to recall. I have, that first night she came here, and she somehow got drunk by a 5% champagne.

When I went to her room, she's still blankly gazing into space sitting on the bed.

I sat next to her and reached for her shoulders. She always reacts as if she's tickled. At least it puts a different expression on her face.

"You do know you're different from normal students, right?"

"Yeah, I'm old."

"No. You have no prior memory of studying, going to school. This is all new to you. Your classmates, they've been studying for so many years. From when they were six years old. Look, you don't need to finish your course as originally scheduled. You can extend it to next term. You're working as well. Most of your classmates aren't. They have prior knowledge about business, you have very little. You're still starting. You don't need to finish everything so soon. If you don't take a break, I'm going to make you drop out." She glared at my last sentence. I grinned at her. She knew I'm just joking.

"You're saying it's okay?"

"Yes." I kissed her cheek as I finish the shoulder and back massage. She turned and wrapped her arms around me. She looked like a little kid. And she finally cried, silently. I gently rubbed her back. Her position looked uncomfortable, so I pulled her to sit on my lap.

She rarely shows any vulnerability. Sometimes, she looks so independent and tough I feel like she doesn't need me for anything. It might be a stupid thought but I'm kinda glad for her experience today.