52 - Lee Smith

I was finishing my lunch at Tracy's when this guy suddenly stood in front of me.

His face looks kind and gentle. Oddly enough, he looks familiar to me. I can't tell where I've seen him though.

"Hi." I said by way of greeting.

Instead of replying, he reached out to hold my arm. His expression is a mix of surprise, concern, heartbreak, and happiness. A look I haven't seen before. He tugged on my arm which made me stood up. We're almost the same height. Alright, he's a little taller. I was surprised to see tears on his eyes before he embraced me tightly. I can only awkwardly pat his back. I could feel his relief. I've never seen a guy cry so openly.

"Where've you been the last two years? We were so worried. We can't bear the thought that you might already be dead." He finally managed to speak after a couple of minutes, his voice actually cracked.

"I'm here." I badly wanted to ask him who he is, but given the situation... I decided to comfort him first. I have this sudden desire to make sure he's alright.

When he calmed down, we sat on Oliver's exclusive booth at Tracy's. His ordered dishes arrived, and I kept him company as he ate.

"Why didn't you contact us? Knowing you, you wouldn't do that intentionally." His stare is making me a little uncomfortable, but his tone was gentle. I bit my lip at his question.

"Can I ask for your name? And who am I to you?" There's no helping it, I had to ask and there's no point hiding the fact that I really don't know him. He was stunned. He froze for a minute or two, grasping on what to say. He kept on staring at me, his eyes roamed my face and my physique. He was frowning the whole time.

"You're Lee, right? Leandra. I can't be wrong about that." He stated.

I do have a driver's license in the name of one called Leandra.

"Yeah, I am."

"So why are you asking about my name?" He was truly frowning now. I'm sure he knows something's wrong.

"Can you answer my questions first?" Thankfully, he humored me.

"Alex West. I'm your younger brother." He finally answered. I can only stare at him. Unknowingly, my lips started to form a smile. The name sounds familiar and I could feel a warmth inside me when he answered.

"Now my question. Why did you ask? Don't tell me you have amnesia or something?" His expression is one of concerned, so I wasn't bothered.

"Well, there's no other way to put it. I was in an accident about two years ago. When I woke up, I don't remember anything." I was serious when I delivered that line. I can only watch him closely. His mouth gaped open, and I would've laughed any day, but if he is who he's saying he is...

"You don't remember anything?" He finally managed to ask. I shook my head no.

"So, the reason you didn't contact us... you don't remember us? You don't remember me?" I nodded at his question.

He can only lean back on his chair and let out a huge breath. Next second, he was leaning close to the table.

"What happened to you the last two years? Were you alright? What kind of accident was it? Were you injured? Who took care of you? Who were you with? How did you get by?" His barrage of concerned questions was endearing. I could tell he's sincere with his questions.

"I'm alright. I managed to get by."

He suddenly stood up. "Come on, let's go see a doctor. We should make sure you're okay."

I scratched my nose. "The accident was a long time ago. I'm completely healed. Sit down." He obeyed.

"But you lost your memories. Do you get headaches? Do you get flashes from time to time? Have you remembered anything since then? We should see a neurologist."