46 - Oliver Taylor

"What do you mean, you can drive a car?" I asked as soon as I got in.

"Honestly, I just blurted it out at that moment. It feels real, though. I think I know how to drive." She explained, but she wasn't looking at me. She's staring at her hands and how she seems to grasp an invisible steering wheel.

"Would you like to try?" I asked. She seems surprised.

"It won't be safe now, but later I'll take you to my racetrack. You can try and check if you really do." Her smile at that moment is priceless.

"Thank you. But would they allow me to get a driver's license when I don't have a real name?" She suddenly asked, a little gloomy again.

"Don't worry. I'll handle it."

Instead of going home, I drove towards my track.

"Where are we going?" She noticed the change in route, but I didn't answer.

"Let's change seats." I told her as soon as I parked.

"What? Right now?" She looked around to see the wide track. Somehow, I noticed her excitement.

"Just ask if you need instructions." I told her as I strap my seatbelt.

I noticed her just staring ahead.

"Seatbelt first." I reminded her.

"Are you sure this is okay? Shouldn't I get a driving lesson first?" She looked nervous then. After she said that, even I thought I was too impulsive. But I remember the way she handled a gun.

"Just try to get a feel for it first. If you did know how to drive, you'll know."

She started the car, checked the side mirrors as well as the rearview mirror. She's doing well.

Her expression was delighted. She did know how to drive.