10 - Oliver Taylor

It was her last day at my house. Sunday afternoon, Christan and the kids visited. I had some business to talk with my brother while Lee played with the kids. They were running around in the back yard.

"Can't believe you invited a stranger over to your house." Christan commented, staring at them.

"She's not a stranger. She's the person who saved your kid." Christan only shrugged.

"You still don't know much about her. I heard from Cara that she has amnesia?" His eyebrow was raised in question. I'm not comfortable when he starts asking the questions.

"Yeah, but she'll regain them soon. She remembered a few on her first night here." I stared at my brother. He looked like he hadn't slept properly in the last week.

"Problems at home?" I asked, concerned. He only shook his head as he continued to watch his kids.

"Your wife still not coming back from vacation? She's doing a lot of that lately."

"The kids go to school now. She feels she doesn't have to be there 24/7 for the boys."

"She might just be taking a break. I heard mothers suffer from a sort of depression due to raising babies."

"Post-partum. Maybe it's my fault I wasn't there to help her while the kids grow up. I didn't realize it's taking a toll on her. She was always smiling."

"She loves her kids. Of course, she'll be smiling. Doesn't mean she didn't get tired sometimes or wish she could get away from it. You guys only visits sometimes but if you visit long, I somehow feel a headache coming." He frowned at me.

"I'll admit the boys are a handful. They drive me crazy sometimes, too."

"They aren't asking too much about their mom?" He shook his head.

"For some reason, they don't. I've expected them to bother me, ask where she is, when she's coming back but... I don't know. They just don't."

I stared at the three individuals playing in the yard. Lee looked like she's in her element, laughing with the boys.

After dinner, Christan took the boys home. It's just Lee and me again.

"You going to drive me tonight?" Lee asked. I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She rolled her eyes at me.

"It's Sunday. Tomorrow's Monday and I have to work." Right, I remember now.

"I can drive you tomorrow morning." I decisively told her. I want her to stay for as long as possible. She turned to the television and shrugged.

"I guess we can do that."

While she's watching TV, I only watched her. When she glanced at me a few minutes later, she found me gazing at her intently.

"What is it?" She asked, suddenly conscious. She brushed her hair on both sides of her face. I stared at her eyes, then to her pale pink lips. I was drawn to her. For some reason, I thought it's my only chance to kiss her.

I moved closer to her. She didn't move back, and I took that as a good sign. When I brushed my lips against hers, it felt like cotton candy. I kissed her with all the gentleness I could muster. Lee deserved it. She's a sweet girl. She stiffened, but when I continued, she softened as well. I reached out to hold her nape, angling for a deeper kiss. I like the fact that she's kissing me back. I groaned. She's so sweet and soft. I leaned more and she had to lie down. She froze when she did. She started pushing against my chest.

She gasped, ending our kiss. "No. Please, don't." I could feel the tremble in her voice as well as in her body. Her hands are shaking as she pushed me back so she could sit again. She scooted away from me when she did. I ran my hand on my hair.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rush you." I apologized. Lee is not your ordinary girl. She looked at me curiously. She pursed her lips.

I held both my hands in front of me as a gesture of surrender.

"I'm sorry. I should've asked you if I could kiss you. You're a beautiful woman, Lee. And you're wonderful as well. I like you and I want you. For a moment there, all I could think about was kissing you. I'm sorry if I scared you." I decided to be sincere and honest. I saw her visibly gulp. Then she turned her gaze away from me. I smiled to myself when I noticed the blush on her cheeks. I guess she likes me as well, but I moved too fast.

"I'm sorry, too. I didn't mean to lead you on. I probably made you think I want it, as well. But no, I'm not that kind of girl. I want dates. A real courtship. Friendship. I don't do casual. I only do serious." She grimaced when she returned her gaze to me. She gulped again.

Well, what do you know? I smiled at her and she frowned.

"Well, I don't do casual either. I like you and I'm serious about that. But..." I left that hanging. I want her to ask.

"But...?" As expected. I grinned.

"Can I kiss you if you give me permission?"

She pursed her lips, as she contemplated on that.

"No kiss on the lips. I may allow a kiss on the cheek, but you have to ask for permission every single time." She was serious.

"How about a kiss on the forehead?"

"Same with the cheek." She answered, then I noticed her hesitate. There's something else she wants to say.

"You can tell me."

"It's like I'm already giving you permission that you can kiss me. I should've said no." She grimaced. I grinned at her expression.

"See? I knew you like me. Otherwise, you would've said no." I raised an eyebrow at her, while smiling.

Her expression softened. "You're a good guy. Except for the kiss." She's back to being solemn.

"How about holding hands?" I offered a hand to her. I'd like to see if she will take it or not.

She shook her head at me, but I noticed a hint of smile. "Not today, Taylor."

I liked the sound of my name on her lips.

"Deal. So, I should start with dates. I can do that. When are you available?" I directly asked. I was surprised to hear her laughing. She's actually laughing.

My puzzled look made her stop. She bit her lower lip before asking, "You're serious?"

"Yes, I am. Now, when I can take you out for our first date?" I asked again. The disbelief on her face is evident. I can see it clearly.

"Do you also work on Saturdays?" I asked. I don't think she'll recover soon enough to answer on her own. She shook her head.

"On Saturday afternoon, then. I'll pick you up." I informed her, but she started biting her lip again.

"Why?" She asked quietly.

"Why what?"

"Why would you want to date me?" She asked.

"I said already, didn't I? I like you. I want you. I want to get to know you more. I want to spend some time with you. And you said you do dates. Courtship, if I heard correctly. Be friends, right? Before I can kiss you on the lips."

She laughed again.

"You're going to do all that just to kiss me on the lips? You already did."

"Yes, but I want more. I want you." I whispered. We can't talk about that kiss without me wanting to do it again.

We only stared at each other for some time, before I asked if she would like to camp out on the living room. I scooted over to the edge of the couch. I presented her with my lap covered by a soft throw pillow.

"Come on. It's your last vacation night. I promise you would be comfortable." She still hesitated to lie down on the couch with her head on my lap.

"Won't you be uncomfortable, though?" I like how she's still concerned about me.

"I'll manage, and I like watching you so you'll be doing me a favor. Please?" She still hesitated.

"I promise I won't kiss you." I added for good measure. I saw her lips curve upwards.

"Deal on that." Then she moved to lie down. I like stroking her hair. It's not short, but not too long either.