51 - Oliver Taylor

Charles. It fell to him to contain the situation. He released a memo on what story is going to be said. It's not far from the truth, anyway. A guy harassed an employee and was accidentally shot during a struggle when the security personnel arrived to break up the fight. I had Charles demand the names of those who were planning to conspire with him, or he will be charged more severely. He's already terminated. He will be sued. Several charges can be filed against him. Charles even recorded his conversation with Lee over the phone. He was being treated at a hospital. Lee shot him at his right knee, exactly as she said. The resulting damage could render him truly crippled on one leg, if not limping.

I brought her to my break room, a company nurse assisted me on the way. I called the neurologist to ask if I should bring her to the hospital. She mainly told me to let her rest and that she'll be fine with enough rest. She wasn't injured anyway. Lee also hates talking to her.

I had to leave her with the nurse for a couple of hours as I meet with the executives of company. A few of them disapprove of my relationship with Lee but it has nothing to do with them anyway. It's my personal life. As long as I manage the company well, they can't take it out on my relationships.

When she woke up, we talked about it. She remembers everything this time. When I asked her why she made the shot, she shrugged. "I was hoping people won't dare to gossip about you and me so easily afterwards."

Her hopeful sentiment became partly true, though. The gossips about me and her lessened. It wasn't fully eliminated, but everyone's careful not to unnecessarily talk about it. They were a little scared as well. It's good enough that none dared to expose what truly happened to people outside the company.

A couple of months later. "Sir, you have a meeting with Alex West at 11:30." Charles informed me ten minutes before the appointed time. I was sitting on my chair, staring at all the papers on my table. I told Lee to go ahead and have lunch early. This meeting with Alex West might continue during lunch time. Charles already have the food prepared.

I reached out for the folder of his proposal. This is his third one, and the first time I agreed to meet him. The guy may be lacking in some aspects but he's definitely tenacious. I appreciate his determination. His latest proposal is acceptable, though I'm usually after outstanding and irresistible ones. A venture with his company is beneficial, but he's lacking a few metrics to convince majority of the board.

After the meeting, I can tell he's new to the idea. He's basically trying to expand his business by venturing into another area. His main business is hotel services. He's well-known in that industry, but he wasn't as prepared as I hoped him to be. He promised to improve on his proposal. I told him he only gets one last chance. That should push him to really do well.