70 - Oliver Taylor

She stood by the door when I walked out of the shower room.

"I showered at the guest room." She stated as she walked over. She's wearing a white shirt and blue pants. Her cheeks are rosy pink. I stared at her pants.

"What?" She asked when she noticed my stare.

"You wear long skirts to the office." She raised an eyebrow.

"They're impractical. If I need to run, they'll just be in my way." She shrugged.

"You won't need to run in the office, though. But of course, you can always do what you want. Initially, I thought you felt pressured since the company uniform for women is skirt."

"I'll try them later." She responded.

I can tell there's something on her mind as she spaces out. She frowned as she debated within herself.

"Actually, I think I should go to the bureau. I would need to... well, tie up some loose ends, so to speak."

We stared at each other for some time.

"I understand. Would you like me to drive you?" Internally, it's understandable that she should still go there. I don't think she was able to leave properly as she was recuperating in the hospital.

"No, it's okay. If you could just drop me off at my house, I could take one of my cars."

"Sure."

"Why are we stopping?" She asked innocently. I gave her a smile.

"Well, here's your house." I gestured toward it. She looked outside, a surprised expression on her face.

"No way. How far is that?" She looked back the way we came from.

"Five blocks. Do me a favor. Call me every hour. Just for today. I just wanted to make sure you're alright." I pleaded, staring at her.

"Sure, I can do that." She takes out her phone to check something.

"I'll see you later, then." She bid goodbye and turned to go outside, when I pulled her arm.

"Yes?" She asked.

I leaned closer to give her a kiss.

"Be safe."

"You, too." She smiled before going. She even waved from her front gate. I turned to drive towards my office.