50 - Lee Smith

I was able to cope with work, albeit very slowly. It's always the people that are problematic. To start with, I'm only good with friendly people. Calculative people who treats you based on your worth (be it money, status, or background), not so much. I had to stop Oliver from blowing up multiple times. He's more concerned compared to me. I almost don't care. Almost. But when they start talking about how Oliver is being foolish and acting as if bewitched by a girl, being lumped with men who are driven by lust, it was me who was raging to start a fight. I had his reputation to consider before acting out of line. Over time, we learned to ignore most of it. It still annoys me, though. How can they talk about their boss that way? Just because... argh!

A few times, some men cornered me and treated me like a whore. I was able to fend off the little characters by acting tough. It's during these times that I embrace that feeling of wanting to harm someone, like I'm about to pull the trigger of the gun. I'm not sure how I look during those times, but they don't bother me afterwards. Two employees at supervisory level were dealt harshly by Oliver. They almost lost their jobs. It took me over half an hour to calm him down on both occasions. Gossips almost died down after those instances. Almost. Some people don't care and simply love nonsense speculations. The latest is a little traumatic, but not as traumatic as the hostage incident. It was a project manager that was involved. This guy actually dared to lock me on the women's comfort room. I just happened to deliver some files on that floor and felt the need to use the room immediately. Charles happened to be number 2 on my speed dial.

"Women's bathroom. 12th floor." I immediately informed him as soon as he picked up. I didn't end the call.

"This is the women's, though. What are we to say? That you pulled me here and locked the room. Do you think Oliver won't doubt you?" The man stated with a smirk on his face. If I remember correctly, his name is Brad Spence.

I try to remember that time with Christan at the bar. I should be able to take this guy on if I could only channel whatever took me over then.

"I remember there are CCTVs around. Won't your lie be exposed so easily?" I told him.

"You're smarter than I thought. How about you told me to meet you here?"

"Who will meet you here? Between you and Oliver, don't you think it's a no brainer? Why would I choose you?" It's a fact.
Some men are egoistic. It's not that he likes me but he's envious of Oliver. He was enraged, alright. I bet he's relatively new to the company, around three to five years.

"You're just a slut. Oliver's going to discard you soon enough. Do you actually think he'll keep you? You're a real gold digger, hugging the thigh of a millionaire. You're disgusting."

Nothing I haven't heard before. A knock on the door interrupted whatever he wants to say further.

I could hear Charles calling for me. I remember Oliver having a meeting with executives this morning. It should be done before lunch time.

"Why don't you open the door?"

The bastard didn't listen. He chose to charge. I hated myself for being weak. Why? I struggled as much as I can. He dared to ruin my new blouse. Oliver chose it for me when we went shopping two weeks ago. It was a bit thin, so I was wearing a proper sleeveless shirt underneath. I could only curse him while he says arrogant things. Does he not want his job anymore? Does he truly believe he can play it off as if I'm the one who seduced him?

"Don't worry. I have witnesses ready. They'll say we've been in contact for weeks; we've exchanged verbal messages through them." His stupidity is beyond me. I'm disgusted as he actually licks parts of my skin. If I wasn't wearing these heeled shoes, I might have gotten enough support to kick him in the balls. It wasn't helping that he has me leaning back so I can't find a good footing. A shout penetrated my panicked brain, recognizing Oliver's voice. The door was opened, and the arrogant bastard was pulled away. Oliver took one glance at me before attacking him with punches. I don't think Charles was ever required to brawl for his boss. I took a glance at the mirror to check my appearance, what he actually saw. I'm still decent, although clearly disgruntled. But I realized my trigger is someone else to protect. I remembered feeling fearless. I followed the men outside. I'm guessing it's nearly lunch break as some people have gathered in the hallway. Security came from one side.

I simply stood as Oliver scuffled with the man. It's amusing how he fights his boss. Then, it dawned on me that he's provoking Oliver by saying bad things about me. How dare he? When the security got closer, I snatched a gun and stepped towards them. Charles was quick enough to stop them from harming me. The other actually pulled out his own gun.

"Oliver, enough." I stated in a relatively firm voice. At the back of my mind, I know I can't make a warning shot. Don't ask how I understand those things.

I raised the gun and trailed it at Spence. He stopped moving when he noticed the gun. Oliver smacked him in the face, making him fall to the ground. Oliver turned to me. He froze when he noticed the gun.

"Lee..." His tone is calculated, I can tell.

"Drop the gun." His order was clear. More people are gathering. I can't properly recognize anyone.

"I am so done with people calling me a whore." I spoke clearly while looking at Spence. I didn't notice the malicious smirk that appeared on my face. Oliver was alarmed to see the expression.

"No one's going to call you that, sweetheart. Drop the gun."

I now have Spence's attention.

"What did you say you were planning to do? You have accomplices to say I seduced you?" The mocking smile naturally appeared on my face.

"Tell me their names." I demanded, sounding authoritative. Oliver glared at the man.

He cursed him.

"It's the truth. How many men have you slept with?" He insisted, continuing with his charade. Oliver looked ready to start punching him again.

"I wonder if you guys ever gossiped about me being an excellent shooter? Oh wait, you all gossip about the wrong things. How can you know about my shooting skills? I'm already sick of people saying shit about Oliver." The sinister smile made even Oliver afraid of me. He turned to me when I mentioned his name.

"Lee... I'm begging you, drop the gun. You don't want to do this." His gaze moved somewhere behind me.

"Don't..." His stern tone is enough to tell me who he's talking to – the security.

"Why don't you run so I can shoot your right knee? Or would you prefer to be crippled on your left?" I glanced at the few people positioned behind him. They got the message as they cleared that side of the hallway. He actually ran. I never joke. I shoot. I rarely miss. Oliver came to take the gun away after I fired.

"I was almost afraid he won't run." I laughed before I passed out in his arms.