30 - Oliver Taylor

I knew she was restless last night. I didn't wake her up until breakfast time. Christan messaged me to say he'll bring the kids to play with Lee while the two of us go out to talk. I sighed. This little brother of mine could ruin my schedule anytime. I should start setting boundaries.

I brought Lee home when she was discharged from the hospital on Monday morning. I went to work while she rested for the rest of the day. I talked to my personal driver and tasked him with driving Lee around in the next two weeks. I also explicitly gave him instructions to make sure she's safe.

She was watching TV when I came home that night. She looked like she just had a bath.

"You didn't take long in the shower, did you?" I asked as I put down my bag and coat on the sofa. The doctor said she can't expose the wound to water.

"I know. I'm not that helpless." Her half-amused, half-annoyed expression has always been adorable.

"Have you eaten? I didn't cook but someone prepared dinner. It was all on the table when I got down to the kitchen."

"Did you heat them up?" The cook sent me messages about what happened. Lee just woke up when the cook already finished making dinner.

"They're still warm when I got down. I should heat them up for you, you haven't had dinner yet, right?"

"Yeah. I'll do it." I don't think she should be doing much. She rolled her eyes at me before she walked to the kitchen. I smiled at her reaction. I followed her and had my dinner as we talked about random things.

Afterwards, we watched TV together. I also gave her a debit card in her own name. She almost forgot to reject it when she saw her own name on it. She was more interested on how it happened. I had Charles prepare her legal documents for the temporary use of her name due to her medical condition. The process took a while.

"There were identification cards as well. I'll give them to you later. It's in the office."

Her look of fascination as she held the card made my heart ache a little. It's good, though. She's not rejecting it. Or so I thought.

"How much does this have? You said it's a debit card, not a credit card."

I shut my mouth. I shouldn't tell her, right?

We stared at each other. I pursed my lips as she raised an eyebrow.

"Don't ask me about that. Just use if comfortably."

"I understand what's on your mind. But..." she stopped, glancing at the card again.

"But what...?"

"You understand what's on my mind?" She asked sincerely.

"I do." I leaned down to kiss her lips.

"You're getting bold."

"What do you mean?"

"You used to only kiss my forehead at random situations."

I smiled at her thought, giving her another peck.

The next few weeks, I had a few people reporting to me about what Lee's busy doing every day as she adamantly ordered me to go to work.

The first week, she withdrew one grand and went to buy books and some supplies. She must have paid rent and bills as well since she went back to her apartment.

She was doing some sort of craft at home and was trying to cook a few dishes. She's gotten close with the cook. She calls her Aunt Anna, a middle-aged woman from the neighborhood. Lee prepares dinner diligently and waits for me to eat together. She's tried cooking my favorite dishes over the course of two weeks. She was also exchanging messages with Charles with random questions about the company and business in general. Charles was accommodating her, and he also reports to me what they talked about at the end of each day.