Chapter 1: A Very Welcome, But Not Well-timed Visit

I run around my kitchen collecting ingredients to make some cookies when I hear a loud knock at the door. Looking up out of confusion and curiosity, I ponder as to who may be outside my home. Slowly I walk to the door, passing Shadowpaw, his two sons Fang and Stonepelt, as well as his sleeping mate Rusty and daughter Frost. Shadowpaw, noticing my movements, gets up and follows me. The horse-sized wolf lets out a low growl warning me to be careful. I nod back in response and grab one of my short swords that's next to the entrance, probably not the smartest place to leave them if I get a break-in, but they're easy to get to. Slowly I open the door and a smile beams on my face once I see those familiar, stormy dark blue eyes.

"Aragorn!" I squeal and jump on the Ranger enveloping him in a flour-dusted hug.

"My dear Nymira." He says chuckling at my antics.

"It's so good to see you again," I say pulling back and smiling at the younger man. I'm ten years older than him by the way. A smile beams on his face as well as he dusts off the flour from his well-worn coat. It seems as though every time he drops by, there is a new part of his clothing that has been stitched together or patched.

"I've brought some company; I hope that's okay?" he states hesitantly. I giggle at his nervous demeanor.

"Of course, that's fine," I say peering over his shoulder.

Gazing over the strange group of Aragorn's companions my eyes lock firstly on the other human that bears a horn of Gondor over his shoulder as well as a shield and a blade that has most definitely seen battle. Next, my eyes lay on the four little hobbits, they look back at me with clear anxiety and grief in their eyes. I smile at them kindly, the slightly chubby blonde one smiles back politely at me. I nod my head in reassurance. My scanning blue orbs then land on a familiar face. The Dwarf, Gimli, smiles at me as I go over to him and give him a small hug. I've met him a couple of times during my travels across Middle Earth and journeys to Erebor and the city of Dale for trading and visiting friends from the Company.

Looking around more my breath hitches as my sight lands on someone I did not expect to see again. The long blonde hair, the fair skin, strong jawline, and those electric blue eyes. They're all the same, and yet he looks so lost, so broken. Tears well up in my eyes as I run over and jump on him, smothering him in a shaky, yet bone-crushing hug.

"Legolas," I whisper, my body shivering as his name leaves my lips. A name that I haven't spoken in years. His body quivers in my arms as I feel his wrap around my waist.

"Nymira," he whispers back "I was told you got killed during the battle." He says speaking up slightly, his tone laced with hurt and surprise.

"I didn't, I tried to find you after it was over but you were gone already," I say back in a shaky voice.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on?" someone says from behind me.

"PIPPIN! SHUSH!" an angry voice says back. I giggle lightly at the bickering before pulling away from Legolas and taking his hand in mine.

"I assume we have much to go over?" I ask turning to Aragorn again. He nods in response and I invite them inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay, so this is my first time putting up anything. I've literally been working on this fanfic for about three years now, I still haven't finished it, but I got stuck and I need help. I'm not sure how much I'm gonna put up depending on how people react to this so please don't be too harsh, and let me know what you think in the comments. Also gonna put up the next chapter soon.

See ya.

A/N update:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I have an updates book, it'll explain my plans for this book and future books. It also includes character descriptions so please if you like this story so far. Please go check out the updates book.

Much love, the Author.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Update: Jan 17 2023.

Hey guys, I literally only just realised that I never posted any pics of the wolves, so here's a few to give you all some idea of what they look like. I'll post this to my UPDATES book and profile too.

(Just a reminder that none of these images are mine, all credit goes to original artists)

(Shadowpaw)

(Stonepelt)

(Stonepelt)

(Fang (the oldest sibling)

(Rusty and Frost)

Okay guys, that was all. Have fun reading.