Chapter 8: Petnames

We travel down the river for hours until we come across a small island in the middle. We decide to set up camp there for the night and run our boats ashore. The wolves insist on keeping watch so that the rest of us may sleep without disturbance. I nod at Shadowpaw in acknowledgment. Turning from my friend to set up my bedding, I see Boromir looking at something in the water so I decide to go take a look.

"Gollum, he has tracked us since Moria." Aragorn comments walking up behind us. "I had hoped we would lose him on the river. But he's too clever a waterman." He says, exhaustion clear in his voice.

"And if he alerts the enemy to our whereabouts it will make the crossing even more dangerous." Boromir chimes in. I look over my shoulder to see Frodo looking worried. Sam is clearly trying to encourage him to eat something. I feel sorry for the poor hobbits, they aren't built for this way of life. I hear Aragorn and Boromir start up another argument, so I ignore it and go back to my bedding. Apparently, someone thought it was a good idea to set up right next to me. I'm not sure who though. Suddenly a certain blonde Elf comes up next to me.

"Sorry for putting my bedding there, I can move it if you like?" He says in that glorious voice that I love.

"No, it's totally fine." I say slightly blushing, remembering my dream from the other night. Legolas smiles down at me.

"You alright? You've gone all red." He says in a teasing manner. I playfully slap his arm and he plays along pretending to be hurt. I laugh at his antics and give him a side hug.

"I forgot how nice it is to spend time with you." I say smiling at him.

"And it's especially nice since we don't have damn cage bars between us anymore," he adds in agreement and suddenly takes my hand. "Which means I can do this." He says with a mischievous grin and falls onto his bedding yanking me down along with him. I gasp at the sudden movement, and then start squirming as Legolas clutches onto me in a tight hug. I can tell that he's struggling to keep in his laughter as I feel his chest rumble beneath me, so eventually, I give in and snuggle into him more.

"Yeah, I like the no bars thing. We should do it more often." That earns another chuckle from the blonde. "Now quiet twinkle toes, I want to sleep." I giggle as I remember a nickname, I gave him while in the dungeons of Mirkwood, as I snuggle into him even more. I hear him lightly groan at the nickname before I fall asleep. Or was the groan over something else?