Chapter 64: A Song For The King

"Don't be afraid you've done this before." Legolas says walking next to me up the stairs.

"Not in front of this many people." I say nervously.

"Well, there's probably going to be at least this many at our wedding so this will be good practice. You did say that you wanted to sing the song to our first dance remember?" He says encouragingly. I sigh deeply and we turn at the middle of the stairs.

"I'll be fine." I whisper to him and squeeze his hand. He nods and goes down a couple of steps to address the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please?" He calls out loudly to the crowd. Everyone turns to listen. "May I present to you, the sister of the King, friend of the Fellowship, and my beautiful fiancé, Nymira. She will be signing for you tonight, so please give her an encouraging cheer and all of your undivided attention. Nymira everyone!" He calls out loudly and steps off of the stairs. An uproar of cheers waves through the crowd. A bright light shines above me in the sky. One of Gandalf's little balls of light. I smile and look out at the crowd. I make a small wave of my hand to my left and create a couple of accompanists out of my smoke. I smile as the people gasp. The smoke figures begin to play the opening to my song.

Taking in a deep breath I begin to sing.

"When the cold wind is a-calling

And the sky is clear and bright

Misty mountains sing and beckon

Lead me out into the light."

I slowly gain more confidence as I sing and I begin to walk down the stairs dancing a little.

"I will ride, I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky."

There is a break in the lyrics so I go spinning through the crowd of guests.

"Where dark woods hide secrets

And mountains are fierce and bold

Deep waters hold reflections

Of times lost long ago

I will hear their every story

Take hold of my own dream

Be as strong as the seas are stormy

And proud as an eagle's skene."

I go to the guests and begin to bring them into a dance.

"I will ride, I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky."

At this point, I fly straight into the air. Twirling as I go above the crowd.

"And touch the sky

Chase the wind

Chase the wind