Chapter 57: A Proper Proposal

"You know what. I should propose to you again. Properly this time. In front if all our friends." Legolas says smiling. He gently picks up the engagement ring of silver vines and gets on one knee. "Nymira. Now that we have survived this crazy quest that we were sent on. I want us to carry on, on this even crazier quest called life. Like I told you all those nights ago at Dunharrow. You are the only true beauty in this world Nymira. I don't know what I'd look at if I didn't have you. Neither the stars nor the moon can compare to your beauty. I would live in a world of darkness if you weren't around. You are the brightest star in my inky, black sky. The only star that is of any importance. You are the light of my life and the embodiment of my happiness. You are my one and only love and my thangur. So, with all our friends here as witnesses. I ask you properly this time, will you make me the happiest Elf in all of Middle Earth, and become my wife?" (True heart.) He finishes. Tears of joy roll down my face.

"Of course, you goof! I love you more than life itself. I'd be an idiot not to marry you!" I say happily and wrap him in a bone crushing hug. He hugs back and all our friends cheer around us. We pull away from each other and he slips the ring onto my finger and I do the same. Then I pull him into a massive kiss and hug him again.

"Amin mela lle Nymira." (I love you Nymira.) Legolas whispers in my ear.

"Amin mela lle Legolas." (I love you Legolas.) I whisper back.

"I call dibs on being a flower boy!" Pippin yells out behind me. I burst into laughter as does everyone else.

"Well if you really want to. But you'll be wearing a flower crown." I say turning to the hobbit and laughing some more.

"That's totally fine with me, just don't make me wear a dress." He says sternly. I smirk and make a stupid fake laugh.

"Ooooo, shouldn't have said that Pip. You're really in for it now." I say laughing.

"Oh dear." Pippin says going red.

"I'm kidding, you'll just have to wear pink." I say giggling. Legolas chuckles beside me.

"Awe, don't put him through that lass." Gimli says chuckling.

"I think he'd look cute in pink." I say laughing again.

"Well if it'll make you happy Nymira, I will do it. It is your wedding after all." Pippin says smiling at me.

"Awe, you're so sweet Pip." I say ruffling his hair. He chuckles and blushes. "Now, how about we all go and have something to eat. I feel like I haven't eaten in a year." I say as I get up.

"Is Mr. Frodo okay to walk yet?" Sam asks worriedly.

"How about we eat in here?" Legolas suggests.

"Good idea. You okay with that Frodo." I ask my little friend.

"Of course. We can talk more about your wedding plans." He says smiling.

"Okay, but I'd say we should keep you off the drink for a couple of days. You've been asleep for a while and your body won't be used to it. Trust me, I've been drinking when I've been dehydrated many a time, it's not pretty." I say as I begin to lead the others out the room. "Want to go keep him company?" I ask Sam. He looked worried.

"Yes, Lady Nymira." He says quietly.

"Go on then, I'll bring you back something nice." I say winking at him. He runs back into the room. "I'll never get over how sweet hobbits are." I say to Legolas as we walk together.

"I'll never get over how sweet you are." He says back smiling.

"You're such a charmer." I say with a giggle.

"Well, only to you. You're my world Nymira. Got to keep my girl happy." He says winking at me. I roll my eyes and chuckle as he swings his arm over my shoulder and places a kiss to my temple.

"Yeah, you do." I say flirtatiously and smack his back side. I instantly race off in the direction of the Tower Hall. Legolas chases after me. The sound of our feet thunders down the hall way as we run. I come to a maid and beg her to help me hide. She agrees and hides me behind a curtain as she cleans. Legolas runs past. "Thanks, where's the kitchens?" I ask in a whisper.

"Down that way. Small door on your left, end of the hall." She whispers back. I thank her and sneak in the direction of the kitchens. I find them easily and grab some food before anyone notices I'm there.

"Excuse me my lady, but shouldn't you be resting?" A familiar voice says behind me. I spin around to see Faramir. He was completely better.

"Faramir, how are you?" I say smiling and giving him a quick side hug.

"Very well. Actually, there's something that I need to tell you. I've fallen in love with Èowyn and I was hoping, as her sister, you would give me your blessing to marry her." He says quietly as he helps me grab some food.

"Of course, are you kidding?! I give you all the blessings in the world, you both deserve to be happy and I know you'd be amazing with my sister. I wish you all the happiness in the world together, and you better promise to never break her heart because if you do, I'll probably break your arm." I say in a passive aggressive tone.

"Well, I love her with every fiber of my being. And I promise to never break her heart, she is more precious to me than anything on this earth." He says smiling.

"Well, I better get back to Frodo's room. I'm trying to hide from Legolas at the moment, so if you see him, don't tell him where I went." I say smiling. Then I hear a rather forced cough from behind me.

"Bit late for that meleth nín." (My love.) Legolas's sweet voice rings through the room.

"Better run Nymira. He's hunting you." Faramir chuckles. I immediately start to bolt for the door. A maid opens it for me just in time. I race through closely followed by Legolas. I run as fast as my legs can carry me back to Frodo's room. I slide through the door and stop at the end of Frodo's bed. Legolas comes through right after me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I got a little carried away with playing board games and ended up being too tired to upload a new chapter. Anyways, hope you liked it. Much love, the Author.