Chapter 73: A Special Gift

After sitting down, we begin to fill our plates. Legolas was very sweet and plated my food for me. Suddenly Arwen brings up the topic of our wedding.

"So, Nymira. How far are you with sorting out your wedding?" She asks with a sweet smile.

"We're almost done really. I just need to get my dress, sort out Thranduil actually agreeing to come and agreeing to let Legolas and I get married. But we do need to leave getting the flowers and cake and just a few little things until a bit closer to the day." I say chuckling.

"I'm sure Lord Thranduil will agree." Arwen says sending me a cheeky wink. Clearly, she remembered our plan.

"Oh, I forgot to say, but I planned a little surprise for the two of you." I say with a mischievous smile. I then stand up and the room grows quiet. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have prepared a small surprise for the happy couple, and I hope that you all enjoy it too, so please if you will all follow me to the courtyard." I say happily. I take Legolas's hand and begin to lead everyone out to the courtyard. As I get to the doors out, I stop. "I ask that you all wait for a few moments while I show the surprise to King Elessar and Queen Arwen." I say gently letting go of Legolas's hand and taking Aragorn's and Arwen's.

I nod to the guards and they open the door only enough for the three of us to get through. I lead Aragorn and Arwen outside and I hear them both laugh in amazement. There was a small band playing a soft tune and candles were littered around to create a dancefloor.

"Nymira, this is truly wonderful." Arwen says jumping on me in a hug. I laugh and hug her tightly.

"You're very welcome my dearest sister." I say still lightly chuckling. I turn back to the guards at the door and nod to them to let everyone out. The doors swing open and the whole crowd floods out of the doors. "As you can all see, this was a very special surprise for my family. I wanted to let them have the first look." I say with a little chuckle. I then turn to Arwen and give her hand a small squeeze before looking to the small band and sending them a signal to play my requested song.

As the music begins, I wander out onto the dance floor and dance a little before starting to sing.

"On summer nights when the barley's high

and the stars are twinkling in the sky

Take a walk by the riverside

and let the music be your guide

Follow where the pathway takes you,

on your bike or arm in arm

Through the crossroads, to the dance hall,

down the road to Murphy's barn."

I dance around and come to Arwen dragging her onto the dancefloor and spinning around with her.

"We plant the seeds and till the soil,

we pray for rain and pray for sun

But now it's time to stop a while,

forget your worries, everyone -

Once the barn was full of grain,

then old Murphy took the chance -

Cleaned it out and hired a band –