Chapter 48: To Death And Rebirth

We take over the ships within a few minutes thanks to the ghosts. The carcasses are dumped off the sides.

"Okay game plan time. I'm gonna need you lot to stay on the ship till I call for you," I motion to the wolves "Aragorn you take charge in leading the dead army into battle. Legolas I'm going to need you to stick with me the whole time, okay?" I say. Everyone nods. "Alright let's get this show on the road." I say going over to the helm of the ship.

"Have you ever done this before?" Legolas asks pointing at the ship's helm.

"Believe it or not, I went undercover as a Pirate for a bit during one of my mercenary jobs. Learned a thing or two while I was there." I say stirring the ship. "Alright, all hands-on deck! Come, come now gents, we need to head starboard side and straight to Minas Tirith." I yell out. "Surely at least some of you were sailors in a past life?" I ask gesturing to the dead army.

"Aye, some of us were. But we don't like taking orders from a woman!" One of them yells.

"Well luckily for you, I'm not just any woman." I say smirking.

"She's Ilúvatar's daughter." The ghost King says. The dead men suddenly shut their mouths.

"Now what're ya waitin' for? Hop to it ya slimy sea rats!" I yell out. Suddenly the dead soldiers race around the boats and begin to tend to the sails.

"Well captain Nymira, I suppose you'll be needing a first mate?" Legolas asks.

"Yeah, I suppose so." I say stirring the ship.

"Unless you don't want one?" He says leaning against the railing that overlooks the deck.

"I do, but you don't exactly get Pirate or sailor lingo." I say shrugging. "No, you buffoons! Leave the colours flying. It'll help with our disguise." I yell out to the men in the crow's nest. They nod to me and climb down. "let down all sails! We need to pick up more speed and the wind is in our side!" I yell out.

"Wow, never seen you like this before. It's kind of attractive." Legolas says coming to stand behind me.

"Yeah, I know." I say smiling. I stir the ship towards the shore a little.

"Land ho!" One of the men yell.

"Thank you, sir. Weigh anchor once we reach the shore, then get out of sight!" I yell. I lead Legolas down to the deck. "We're coming to shore!" I yell out. I see Gimli, Aragorn and the wolves lay on the deck. Legolas then pulls me down too. The ships slow to a stop.

"Late, as usual! Pirate scum! There's work that needs doing." A female, or at least I think it was, yells to us.

"Come on, ya sea rats! Get out of your ships!" She yells again. I look up and nod to Aragorn. He leaps up and jumps over the railing of the ship. Legolas follows along with Gimli. I wait a couple more moments, then proceed to leap up onto the railing of the ship and somersault off and down to the shore. My wings unfurl during the flip. I land on the shore, crouching and my right fist connecting with the sand while my left whips around to the grip on the hilt of my sword. I stand up slowly un-sheathing Dae Urya (Shadow Blaze.) in the process. I walk forwards a step and hold the blade to the Orcs neck.

"Surrendas or mat! lat liwo noav ukurvive um lat don'av accepav." (Surrender or die! You will not survive if you don't accept.) I sneer. The Orc laughs. "Wrong choice." I say quietly and slice its head off. I howl to the wolves to signal. The other Orcs roar and storm forward.

"There are plenty for all of us! May the best Dwarf win!" Gimli yells and charges past me into the fight. The army of the dead swarms past me as I charge along with Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, and the wolves as they run into the fight by my side. We kill Orc after Orc. I stick close to Legolas just like I said I would. I suddenly hear a familiar scream.

"Èowyn!" I yell out and turn in the direction of the scream. "Legolas! I need to get to her!" I yell to him.

"No! I don't want you to get hurt!" Legolas says turning to me to shoot an Orc behind me.

"Legolas, she is my Sister!" I yell back.

"Fine go! But I'll keep my eyes on you the whole time, and take Gimli with you!" He yells to me over the noise of the battle. I nod in understanding.

"Gimli!" I yell, the Dwarf fights his way through a couple of Orcs to get to me. "Wanna go for a little fly?" I ask him smiling, Gimli smiles back at me.

"If it means I get to knock the head's off some Orc!" He says laughing, I nod and grab him by the shoulders and fly up. "Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty!" Gimli yells as he whacks the heads off of the Orcs as we fly over them.

"Èowyn!" I yell as I spot her stabbing the Witch-King in the face. It shrivels and falls to a heap on the ground. I drop Gimli off into a fight and run to Èowyn. "Èowyn no. Sister are you okay? Èowyn speaks to me?!" She looks at me in fright. Suddenly grunts sound near us. "Go Èowyn, I got this." I say urging her to crawl away. The creature comes towards me and snarls. "Gothmog, I assume?" looking down on the horrid creature.

"Merry!" I hear Èowyn call from behind me. The Orc is about to strike.

"Bad idea." I say as I lunge at the creature. However just before I make it Gimli and Aragorn steal my kill. "Hey, no fair, that counts as mine!" I pout.

"Whatever you say lass." Gimli yells going in for more. I fight with the Orcs around me.

"Legolas!" I hear Aragorn call. I turn to see Legolas leaping onto a Mûmakil.

"Damn show off!" I yell after him. I watch him scale the creature and kill the men riding it. He swiftly ends his kill by shooting the Mûmakil in the head and elegantly slides down the trunk of the beast landing a couple of meters away from Gimli.

"That still only counts as one!" Gimli yells in annoyance. I chuckle. Then I feel a sharp pain go through my side. I look down to see a sword poking through my chest. I begin to breathe unevenly as my lungs fill with blood.

"Nymira!" Legolas yells and shoots the Orc behind me. I begin to fall to the ground, only to be caught by Legolas. "Nymira? Nymira no! Nymira, please! Oh, Eru no, please don't take mell nín away, please don't leave me meleth nín! Please, no. Nymira, please I love you. Don't you dare leave me! Just keep your eyes open, you're going to be fine." (My beloved, my love.) Legolas rambles tears streaming down his face as he holds me. "Aragorn! Aragorn please do something!? Nymira, just hold on. You're going to be okay, just hold on." He says sobbing.

"Le...Legolas. It's...It's time. You need to let go." I say feeling the blood fill my lungs even more.

"No, no, no, no. Don't go. Don't die on me. Please don't, I need you. We're going to get married; we're going to have a family and we'll live in your house in Lothlórien. Please, I want to have that with you. Please don't take that all away." Legolas begs.

"Legolas. I'm gonna come back. My Father is calling to me. He's going to bring me back to you, I promise. Could you just take this damn sword out, it's hurting like shit." I say gently.

"O... Okay." He says shakily.

"Aragorn, would you help." I say quietly. Aragorn instantly comes over. Legolas holds me against him as Aragorn pulls the blade out. I scream in pain as the blood gushes out of my body.

"You're okay, you're going to be okay." Legolas says gently. I begin to fade in and out of consciousness from the blood loss.

"I'll see you in a moment." I say quietly. Legolas nods stroking my hair.

"Okay. See you in a moment." He says quietly.