Chapter 56: The Final Battle

I float down to the ground and land beside Aragorn. I help him off Brego and fly him off along with Shadowfax and Èomer's horse, to somewhere out of reach. I return in a matter of seconds. My flight had become faster after the rebirth, and I had become much stronger. I land beside Legolas. He takes my hand comfortingly.

"You alright meleth nín?" (My love.) He asks quietly.

"As long as you stay beside me, I'll be fine." I whisper back. He gently squeezes my hand in an effort to stop my nervous shaking.

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf." Gimli says calmly.

"What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas asks him smiling.

"Aye, I could do that." Gimli says smiling back.

"We have each other's backs in this fight. No matter how many we kill. We stick together and don't lose sight of each other, got it?" I say to all of my closest friends.

"Till death do us part Sister. We fight to the end." Èomer says to me gently. I nod at him.

"For all the good in this world, I'll stand with you to the end." Gandalf reassures me. I smile gratefully at him.

"We are going to be with you too." Merry pipes up. I nod to the two little hobbits. Aragorn looks slightly tempted by something. He then turns back to us.

"For Frodo." He says looking at all of us. Then he charges into battle screaming out a battle cry. Merry and Pippin run after him yelling. I charge forwards followed by Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Èomer, and the wolves. We crash into the first rank of Orcs. Slicing back and forth through their heads, arms, legs. Anything our blades could touch. Dae Urya (Shadow Blaze) sliced through them like a hot knife through butter. It carved up body after body. After a while of using the long sword, my arms got tired. I quickly flew up and swapped to my short swords. I set them ablaze and dive back into the battle. I slice down Orc after Orc, almost effortlessly. Suddenly a blood-curdling screech runs through the air.

"Nazgûl!" I shout to the men. I instantly throw a gigantic fireball at one and it plummets out of the sky in a ball of flames.

"Nymira! Nice aim!" I hear Èomer call to me. I nod in his direction. I look to find Legolas not too far from me. Then another screech sounds above me. One that's familiar and friendly. I look to see the Eagles flying overhead and attacking the Nazgûl.

"The eagles! The eagles are coming!" I hear Pippin yell.

"Yeah!!" I yell out fist-bumping the air. One of the eagles calls to me to join them. I look to Legolas; he seems to be handling himself along with the wolves and my friends. I fly up to join the eagles in their fight. Suddenly the eye turns to the mountain. The surviving Nazgûl turn to the volcano and fly towards it. "Don't you dare run from a fight!" I yell and race after them. I slice through the wings of one and slice the head off another. I turn to see Aragorn facing a troll on his own. "Not my brother! Not my King!" I scream out a battle cry and fly towards the beast. Aragorn gets thrown to the ground; I see Legolas trying to get to him. The troll traps Aragorn beneath its foot. Aragorn yanks out his dagger and stabs the troll with it. Suddenly the eye screams in pain. His troops begin to flee. I fly down to check Aragorn is alright. "You okay, little Brother?" I ask worriedly checking him over.

"I'm fine." He says sitting up letting out a huff. I help him to his feet. The two of us join the others and look on as the tower of Barad-dûr begins to collapse. The eye dies out letting out a gigantic shock wave. I put up a barricade of smoke to soften the blow. Our army begins to cheer. The surrounding ground begins to fall away. A lot of Sauron's troops fall as well.