Chapter 54: A Song To Lighten The Mood

I think for a moment before a song comes to mind.

"Where the north wind meets the sea

There's a river full of memory

Sleep, my darling, safe and sound

For in this river all is found."

I sing gently. The lullaby was a memory that occasionally popped up in my mind when I thought about the people I care about.

"In her waters, deep and true

Lay the answers and a path for you

Dive down deep into her sound

But not too far or you'll be drowned."

I continue the song and look to Merry. He's smiling and looking slightly sleepy.

"Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear

And in her song, all magic flows

But can you brave what you most fear?

Can you face what the river knows?"

I sing gently as the hobbit begins to fall asleep.

"Where the north wind meets the sea

There's a mother full of memory

Come, my darling, homeward bound

When all is lost, then all is found."

I finish the song quietly as to not wake the hobbit.

"We should let him sleep. He's been through a lot." I say quietly. I look ahead of me again as we march through the plains.

"You really would be an incredible Mother if we ever have children." Legolas whispers in my ear.

"You mean when we have children." I say without thinking. When I realize what I said my face flushes.

"Why so bashful meleth nín?" (My love.) Legolas asks smirking.

"Shut up Blondie." I say playfully hitting him. The thought of having children with Legolas then enters my head and I smile. "I should really do something about my hair, it's going to be flying everywhere during the fight." I say as a slight wind pushes my hair around.

"Well, hair braiding is an important part of Elven courting culture, maybe I could do it for you?" Legolas says hugging me slightly.

"That would be nice, thank you." I say looking back at him before turning around again. Legolas begins to gently braid my hair into a suitable hairstyle to fight in. I feel him finish off the plat by tying something on the end. Once he's finished, I pull it over my shoulder. "Where did you get a ribbon from?" I ask him confused.

"I tend to carry one on me in case I need to do my own." He says wrapping his arms around my waist again.

"Oh, I've never seen you with your hair up before." I say chuckling a bit.

"Hopefully you never will. It looks a little weird." He says while nuzzling my neck.

"Well too bad for you because I like weird." I say laughing. Aragorn chuckles next to me.

"I'm never getting over how cute you two are." He says still laughing.

"Well, you're lucky you're my brother and the King of Gondor because you are one hundred percent getting invited to our wedding. Which means you can watch our cuteness all day." I say chuckling.